Azura aft suite c751

Cantlogincaptain

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I have heard stories that steels run through the balcony. It would be great to hear if people found this annoying as we have just booked for 14 night Med cruise May 2019 today. I booked first and researched later...doh!

I have booked the equivalent cabin on the Sapphire Princess, I did find some pictures and it didn't look too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I have heard stories that steels run through the balcony. It would be great to hear if people found this annoying as we have just booked for 14 night Med cruise May 2019 today. I booked first and researched later...doh!

We had an aft Penthouse on Ventura which had a metal stanchion running through the middle of the balcony. It wasn't an issue at all as the view out from the cabin wasn't impacted and the balcony was large enough that you didn't really notice it. I wouldn't worry about it. We would stay in an aft suite on Ventura or Azura again without hesitation, unlike aft suites on Britannia which we would never use again, even though we prefer the ship!

Azura A751 is not the same as Azura C751. We have stayed in A751 and we have also stayed in C749 which is next door to C751. We originally booked C751 but looking on the Princess section of this website I discovered a thread which showed which cabins on the same design as Azura had a steel sort of stanchion going through the balcony. So as C749 was vacant we changed. We did go into C751 and chatted with the couple there. I would have not been too happy with the balcony on this cabin. It is difficult to place the loungers and chairs because of the steel girder. Some people have said they don't mind about it and don't find it too intrusive. Just for the record the suites on the aft of both Ventura and Azure that don't have the steel girder going through the balcony are: A750 and A751, C748 and C749. I'm not sure about those suites on D and E deck, perhaps someone else might be able to help there.

Please find link below.

https://tomscruiseblog.co.uk/2012/05/04/ventura-and-azura-balcony-resource/

We had an aft Penthouse on Ventura which had a metal stanchion running through the middle of the balcony. It wasn't an issue at all as the view out from the cabin wasn't impacted and the balcony was large enough that you didn't really notice it. I wouldn't worry about it. We would stay in an aft suite on Ventura or Azura again without hesitation, unlike aft suites on Britannia which we would never use again, even though we prefer the ship!

Thank you Selbourne, I think....as we have an upcoming cruise in November in an aft Britannia suite!!:rolleyes: I do seem to have a certain knack in picking silly cabins :')

What were your issues with the aft suite on Britannia? May I ask which suite you occupied?

Azura A751 is not the same as Azura C751. We have stayed in A751 and we have also stayed in C749 which is next door to C751. We originally booked C751 but looking on the Princess section of this website I discovered a thread which showed which cabins on the same design as Azura had a steel sort of stanchion going through the balcony. So as C749 was vacant we changed. We did go into C751 and chatted with the couple there. I would have not been too happy with the balcony on this cabin. It is difficult to place the loungers and chairs because of the steel girder. Some people have said they don't mind about it and don't find it too intrusive. Just for the record the suites on the aft of both Ventura and Azure that don't have the steel girder going through the balcony are: A750 and A751, C748 and C749. I'm not sure about those suites on D and E deck, perhaps someone else might be able to help there.

Thanks annieuk, I noticed that B2 suites on Riviera deck are available at the same price, have you experience of staying in these?

Thank you Selbourne, I think....as we have an upcoming cruise in November in an aft Britannia suite!!:rolleyes: I do seem to have a certain knack in picking silly cabins :')

What were your issues with the aft suite on Britannia? May I ask which suite you occupied?

Sorry about that! We were in F730 (port side corner wrap). Some of the problems were the well documented ones (soot on the balcony, constant vibration when at sea and noise from the Live Lounge) but we had a further issue that was unique to that specific cabin. By way of balance (ish), I had been worried about smelling smoke from the rear port side deck 7 smoking area, as this extends under the corner suites (even though the deck plans incorrectly show it as stopping short of them). I needn't have worried as we didn't smell a thing (and I can smell a cigarette at 100 yards)!

Thanks annieuk, I noticed that B2 suites on Riviera deck are available at the same price, have you experience of staying in these?

I have & personally I would avoid them at all cost!

So much so that as I cannot (currently) get an aft suite on our 2019 cruise, I am therefore considering booking a Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin instead of booking a B2 mid ship suite.

We stayed in R401 on Azura a few years ago & it was a nightmare. The balcony is long & narrow & you don't get any sunloungers.

However, the main issue was the noise from the deck above. Every morning we were woken (very early!) by the scraping noise of the staff dragging the sunloungers out. In addition, we were virtually below the smoking area & again you had the noise of people dragging chairs. You can also hear people walking about overhead.

Joan

To reinforce what Big Foot is saying, friends of ours had a midships suite on Azura and had exactly the same issues regarding chairs being dragged around above them, waking them up very early every morning. It drove them mad and they would never book one again. I have a simple rule, never book a cabin directly above or below anything other than other cabins - suite or otherwise.

To reinforce what Big Foot is saying, friends of ours had a midships suite on Azura and had exactly the same issues regarding chairs being dragged around above them, waking them up very early every morning. It drove them mad and they would never book one again. I have a simple rule, never book a cabin directly above or below anything other than other cabins - suite or otherwise.

Selboure, I'm with you on that rule now. Never really considered it before we had the issue on Azura, but once bitten & all that!

We had the same on Emerald Princess [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes if you book one of the aft minis because that's what you want be sure to say No Upgrade, because if they upgrade you it would most probably be to one of the midship minis as they charge more for those. We have C747 booked for next year and have said definitely no upgrade to our Cruise Agent, and she always contacts us if P&O have been in touch with her. If there is any upgrade to be had from a mini suite to a full suite it's likely to be one of the midship minis that's upgraded and as there are only 6 full suites on Oceana that is fairly unlikely anyway. By the way the C deck full suites are wonderful, particularly the two on C deck, bigger than any suites on P&O apart from the Penthouse ones on Aurora and I'd even rather have the Oceana one than the Penthouse on Aurora which is at the front of the ship.