Strollers for Rent on Carnival?

parrotthead

I read that you can rent Strollers onboard. Does anyone have experience with this? (and Pictures?!)

If so, do you remember how much the cost was (approx?) ?

Also, do you 'reserve' them ahead, or is it first come, first serve?

Are they likely to 'run out' (and Im stuck without a stroller and "lugging" 24# of 7mo old around?) :p

Do you rent them for the whole cruise, or just a few hours at a time?

Thanks for any info on how Carnival handles this!

:)

We rented a stroller a couple of years ago on the Conquest (2008), when our son was 2. If I remember correctly, we rented by day and paid a 75$ deposit. However, my DH is thinking that the rental was actually free and the 75$ was credited back after we returned the stroller. There were plenty available and I think it was first come first serve, but didn't have to worry about them running out. I also believe you could rent as needed them, which worked out great as we didn't have to store the stroller in our cabin! They rented them out at Camp Carnival.

I attached a pic of what we had. This was in Cozumel and the stroller was a life saver!

I know it may be outdated, but hope it helps!! :D

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

1039095209_fromphone004.jpg.3215e9be1c2082c71d1dd0e30bac8aaf.jpg

We rented a stroller a couple of years ago on the Conquest (2008), when our son was 2. If I remember correctly, we rented by day and paid a 75$ deposit. However, my DH is thinking that the rental was actually free and the 75$ was credited back after we returned the stroller. There were plenty available and I think it was first come first serve, but didn't have to worry about them running out. I also believe you could rent as needed them, which worked out great as we didn't have to store the stroller in our cabin! They rented them out at Camp Carnival.

I attached a pic of what we had. This was in Cozumel and the stroller was a life saver!

I know it may be outdated, but hope it helps!! :D

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Well that all sounds good! We were planning to bring a stroller with us (or two? our double or two singles? we haven't yet decided), but renting one just for when we need it would be AWESOME.

Thanks a Lot!!!

I had wondered if they were the umbrella type or ones that reclined, so your post was very helpful. And what a cute pic!! Looks like it worked out well.

We did go ahead and buy a Chicco Liteway... folds compact (like an umbrella) has a carry handle But, reclines fully so GingerBaby can sleep in it around the ship and in port as well... since he's still so young this will come in very handy (it was a little more then I wanted to spend, but since we travel quite a bit and it is very light, it will be worth it)

:) Thanks again!! :)

Are there any other items that can be rented? Bouncy seats maybe?

Not sure, our little one was 2 when we rented the stroller so we didn't need much beyond that. I think we found out about it when we called Carnival. I remember that the camp had items in there (e.g. pack-n-play's, bouncy seats) -- but I am not sure if you could rent/borrow those or if they stayed at the camp. I know that they had Family time at the camp for the little ones under 2 where you could come and play together and use anything in the room.

Having the ability to rent that stroller though sure did help with packing! I remember loading up the car for any vacation and felt like we were emptying the house!! lol!! :D Of course he is 6 now and it can be just as bad with packing toys. :p He is already planning of what goes in June!

I would call Carnival too and see if the program is still available if your interested (or if they have any other items to rent/borrow) as I utilized it in 2008. I think Carnival does a superb job with their family/kids services and are willing to help in any way they can.

Thanks a Lot!!!

I had wondered if they were the umbrella type or ones that reclined, so your post was very helpful. And what a cute pic!! Looks like it worked out well.

We did go ahead and buy a Chicco Liteway... folds compact (like an umbrella) has a carry handle But, reclines fully so GingerBaby can sleep in it around the ship and in port as well... since he's still so young this will come in very handy (it was a little more then I wanted to spend, but since we travel quite a bit and it is very light, it will be worth it)

:) Thanks again!! :)

Well that all sounds good! We were planning to bring a stroller with us (or two? our double or two singles? we haven't yet decided), but renting one just for when we need it would be AWESOME.

It did help! Our son actually got off the ship only one out of the three port days though....he loved the camp so much!! :D Those girls/counselors spoiled him, he never wanted to leave!! When he did get off the ship -- FINALLY -- he spent most of the day in the stroller and managed to squeeze in 2 short naps in it. I guess it was comfy! By that time our son had outgrown all of his strollers at home, but we were afraid that our tour might get overwhelming with the walking/standing. Getting ready for this cruise, I have a feeling he will be running circles around us! :eek:

-Beth

Well bummer, I called Carnival to see if I could confirm that they still have strollers, and was told that they do not have any available for rental. Maybe they discontinued it? I guess it's still possbile (depending on the ship), but I'll bring ours so we know we're good.

Well bummer, I called Carnival to see if I could confirm that they still have strollers, and was told that they do not have any available for rental. Maybe they discontinued it? I guess it's still possbile (depending on the ship), but I'll bring ours so we know we're good.

wow...good to know... Guess we did the right thing then :)

Archived