Dreamworks Character Breakfast

Does anyone know if we will be able to take pics with the characters using our own cameras or will we have to pay for rccl for the pics? I know with disney they allow you to use your own camera to take as many pics with the characters as you like.

Well... maybe it is, but I reserved it for my husband and me!!! LOL I thought it would be fun to go so we could get pictures and share with our kids (they aren't going this cruise). Unfortunately, my husband will not think my sense of humor is funny in this case, so I'm going to cancel the breakfast. On the positive side, it will give someone else a chance to go. ;)

By the way, ours is scheduled for 9:30 AM - we had a choice between 8 and 9:30. :D

I didn't know that you had to make a reservation for the character breakfast. We are going without any kids but I really wanted to see Donkey! How does this work? madmarti:rolleyes:

Contact your TA if you have one, or, if you booked directly with RCCL, then you can make online reservations. On the Royal website, go into "my cruises" and select the "pre-cruise planner" to find options for reserving specialty dining. Find the character breakfast you want and reserve. Easy!

Our character breakfast did not show up initially - it didn't become available until a few months after we were able to reserve our other dining venues. I'm not sure if this is the case with every sailing or because Allure is so new. Either way, if it doesn't show up initially, keep on checking!

I didn't know that you had to make a reservation for the character breakfast. We are going without any kids but I really wanted to see Donkey! How does this work? madmarti:rolleyes:

I couldn't figure out where to make reservations so as soon as I got on the ship I called ...you will see the number in your compass...and I reserved all 3 character breakfasts. They might ask you which one you want....but if you want to do all of them, make that clear. Our 3 yrd old was in heaven!!

Is this only on Allure and not Oasis?

It's only on Allure right now, but RCCL is "Oasisizing" some of their ships (they call it the Royal Advantage), and some will include characters in the near future. Oasis is set for February 26, 2011. Liberty and Freedom will also get the characters - end of this month for Liberty and end of March for Freedom. :) Now, I don't know if having the characters means they'll have character breakfasts, but one would assume so. We shall see!

We are also on the March 5th Oasis. The RCI website has this for the Oasis:

Oasis of the Seas

Debuting February 26, 2011

Character Meals

DreamWorks characters parade (As of May 20, 2011)

Photo opportunities with the characters

3-D Movie Theater

First-run DreamWorks films onboard

Special DreamWorks programming in your stateroom TV

Adventure Ocean activities with your favorite characters.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/matrixGatewayPage.do?cS=NAVBAR&pageName=dreamworks_experience_ships&pnav=2&snav=4

Are there two character breakfasts during the days at sea? One at 8 and one at 9:30?

I *think* so, but not necessarily every day. When I signed up for our character breakfast, 8am was the only option. A few weeks later, I checked again, and was given a choice for 9:30am as well, which I didn't know was ever an option. At any rate, I've looked periodically since then and sometimes both options are offered, and others only the 8am time slot. I can't imagine it's "selling out" so quickly, but who knows? Will know more after our March cruise.

Are you able to see this 9:30am option online? Or do you have to wait till you're on the ship.

My 4 year old would *love* the breakfast, but coming from SoCal the 8am timing plus jetlag would mean she would be asleep for it!

I may be able to push 9:30 towards the end of the week though.

Are you able to see this 9:30am option online? Or do you have to wait till you're on the ship.

My 4 year old would *love* the breakfast, but coming from SoCal the 8am timing plus jetlag would mean she would be asleep for it!

I may be able to push 9:30 towards the end of the week though.

It depends - some days I can view it online, other times I cannot. It's bizarre. If you don't see it, then keep checking. :)