Lunch at Windsor

CynthiaRI

We will be doing the Windsor excursion on our roundtrip TA next month. I know all of the negatives associated with this trip (long drive, not enough time in Windsor, etc.), but when you only have 8 hours in England, you make the best of it. My question is this: For those of you who've done the tour, how do you fit in lunch? Trying to see everything possible seems to cut into time to eat. But I need food at some point or no one will want to be near me! Are there any suggestions for a quick, easy lunch near the castle that will allow us to experience a fun English experience without taking all of our time? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I can't remember where Mom & I had a snack after touring the castle (not on a cruise) but we were wandering the town and found a little place.

Looking at trip advisor there is well rated place just outside the castle: Clarence Brasserie and Tea Room

which might be a nice place to have an afternoon tea~! http://www.clarencebrasserie.co.uk/

MG47228-232x300.jpgClarence-Brasserie-Tea-Room-Map.jpg

We took the excursion and not wanting to waste time we grabbed something like a sandwich at Mark's and Spencer.

If you're not familiar with this chain , it's a department store that has a cafeteria or snack bar.

You also might want to do a Google search and see if there's a Pret Manger in town, those are always fast and easy .

Popping into M&S (on the main shopping street) or a Pret A Manger (can't recall if Windsor has one but I would be surprised if it didn't) and then walking the few minutes down the river side would be a nice way to have a quick lunch on a dry day.

If you cross over the bridge and go into Eton, you have more options there too.

There are also plenty of options on Windsor Royal Station - it's a covered area with shops as well as eateries of various sorts.

Enjoy your visit to the fair county of Royal Berkshire!

Popping into M&S (on the main shopping street) or a Pret A Manger (can't recall if Windsor has one but I would be surprised if it didn't) and then walking the few minutes down the river side would be a nice way to have a quick lunch on a dry day.

If you cross over the bridge and go into Eton, you have more options there too.

There are also plenty of options on Windsor Royal Station - it's a covered area with shops as well as eateries of various sorts.

Enjoy your visit to the fair county of Royal Berkshire!

Thanks!

When we were there last September we found Chippy of Windsor, a bare bones fish and chip shoppe, just a couple of minutes from the castle. Good, quick fish and chips and outdoor tables for people watching. There are plenty of choices for lunch very near the castle and car park. Do enjoy!

I never want to WASTE time sitting in any restaurant or café while on a day-tour....so we throw a few slices of cheese on some bread in the kings court in the AM ( @ brkfst) --- throw it in the back pack.....and we are OK for lunch. Before anyone tosses out the idea this is ""CHEAP"".... no-- its for time saving.

I never want to WASTE time sitting in any restaurant or café while on a day-tour....so we throw a few slices of cheese on some bread in the kings court in the AM ( @ brkfst) --- throw it in the back pack.....and we are OK for lunch. Before anyone tosses out the idea this is ""CHEAP"".... no-- its for time saving.

I definitely don't think it's cheap! That's my biggest concern - losing exploring time to eat! Wonderful idea! Thanks!

When we were there last September we found Chippy of Windsor, a bare bones fish and chip shoppe, just a couple of minutes from the castle. Good, quick fish and chips and outdoor tables for people watching. There are plenty of choices for lunch very near the castle and car park. Do enjoy!

That sounds lovely! We'll be sure to keep a lookout! Thanks!