Barbados 27 Nov Island Tour

miss_rach

Having just returned from our Celebrity Summit cruise yesterday (2 Dec) we were in Barbados 27 Nov. While in port we did a private tour with Sanjay Kini. He picked us up at the port and we toured various locations over the Island both on the Atlantic and Caribbean side. He made a stops at a few local "rum shacks" on the tour for local drinks and eats as well. We toured both the St. Nicholas Abby as well as the Mount Gay distillery's. We ended at Mount Gay and walked a block and caught the local bus back to the port. After we got back to the port I forgot that Cockspur rum was also made on the Island, I would have gone there vs Mount Gay. Both tours were nice but the Abby was much better and you could even see them actually making rum and they would answer all questions, where as the Mount Gay tour was only information only and then a tasting but no seeing the rum being made and they would tell you much information i.e. where they got the oak barrels to age the rum. The folks at the Abby told us they got the barrels from Jack Daniels. All in all it was a great day on the Island and Sanjay was a great tour guide.