La Romana to Punta Cana from Cruise Port

miss_rach

All,

starting the research for our next cruise and we are in port at La Romana for 7 hrs (0939 to 430). Is it even doable to try to get from the port out to Punta Cana to the beaches out there? If so whats the best way to get there.

If not feasible, what are some nice beaches that are doable for a few hours then some shopping?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to know that also. I will be sailing in March of this year to La Romana. I ended up renting a car to drive to Punta Cana. Hopefully I don't have any problems driving there. If nobody answers by the time I'm there. I will post my experience.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I would like to know that also. I will be sailing in March of this year to La Romana. I ended up renting a car to drive to Punta Cana. Hopefully, I don't have any problems driving there. If nobody answers by the time I'm there. I will post my experience.

Hi! I think to rent a car is the best choice. The highway that connects La Romana en PC is new and safe, and it's literally a straight shot. I recommend Juanillo and Macao beach.

Be advised that you will pay 2 or 3 tolls, depending on the route you take. They will come up to a total of RD$300 pesos, or 8 dollars, but you will need Dominican pesos to pay or your rental to have an ez pass.

Hope this help, and enjoy DR!

All,

starting the research for our next cruise and we are in port at La Romana for 7 hrs (0939 to 430). Is it even doable to try to get from the port out to Punta Cana to the beaches out there? If so whats the best way to get there.

If not feasible, what are some nice beaches that are doable for a few hours then some shopping?

Cheers!

Hi! I think it is totally doable and would suggest renting a car. It will take you 1.5 hours each way, and you could do some nice shopping at Blue Mall Punta Cana. I would book a day at Juanillo Beach at Cap Cana, because is the closest beach to the highway you need to take back to La Romana. Macao is also good.

If you don't want to risk it, Bayahíbe Beach is 10 or 15 minutes away from La Romana and pretty great. La Romana is not the greatest shopping destination, but you can get local gifts near port.

Hope this helps, enjoy DR!