Silver Spirit Extension weekend event

WesW

Our TA is one of a select few travel agency’s invited to the month long Spirit extension refurb at the Fincantieri shipyard in Palermo Italy. First photo shows the hard hat they received and must wear at the shipyard. More snaps to follow:

306eadeec05762b64e20d00616e4f819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

Photos taken today by our outstanding TA at the cutting ceremony on the Silver Spirit. Silver Spirit upon arrival to the Shipyard. The Director of the Fiancanteri Shipyards speaking about the 29 ships that have undergone this process – the Spirit being the smallest and most Luxurious to undergo “ship surgery.” Next snap is Andre Zito speaking about the upgrades to the entire ship – massive redesign to make the Spirit more “Muse-like.” The insertion of the midsection accounts for less than 50% of the entire dry dock.

Photos of Making the final cut and we see beginning of the separation – front section moved forward for the insertion of the midsection tomorrow afternoon. The process takes 8+ hours

Shot of the start of separation—Continued separation. Finally a perspective shot of Separation amount near the end of our TA’s time at the shipyard – about 45 minutes later

Shot of the Spirit as we were leaving the shipyard

5bc14e6d29db111da771f136ca970765.jpg

d8572e0c610186afaf19b3dab2a8f8a0.jpg

Photo of

Christian Sauleau, the Executive VP of operations.

and Barbara Muckerman, CMO of Regent.

6b6733c3c0009adaa6745e9ca7233c2b.jpg

cbd22e044c59683eaff49f754a56f312.jpg

381901a21bfe7776f81df6af8b5cfc69.jpg

7639cc2b0629e7e6f4cc427ee4a84082.jpg

Edited by Host Dan

The mechanics of the whole thing are what fascinate me. Rolling the new bit in, and seeing how it fits. Hope we get to see pictures of it all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We feel a bit sad about this. There are enough larger ships around, already and Silversea already have Muse and (soon) Moon). It leaves very little for those of us who enjoy the smaller ships.

My wife and I are in complete agreement with you.

We have sailed over 100 days on the Spirit and strongly agree with the sentiments posted by marama, silverspectre, and USAFSS4Ever. We do not agree with the Musization of the Spirit but find the process of extension fascinating and are happy to share what we get from our TA in Palermo.

Two more folks here who are sad to see the Spirit being stretched. We did our first SS cruise in April 2017 and loved the size, the ship, everything about it. (Refugees from "the other" line and not Seabourn.) However, I don't think our complaining is going to do a thing about changing this. We'll just have to go with the flow!