First time in a suite

Keith Esposito

The bathroom will be much larger, and there will be a bathtub/shower in it rather than just a shower. It's a whirlpool bathtub, too. If I recall correctly, there's a glass door to the bathtub/shower... rather than a shower curtain.

There will also be a dressing area that regular cabins don't have. It's been a while since I was in a suite, but I think I recall that there were double sinks rather than just a single sink.

Your balcony will be larger than a standard balcony, too.

The bathroom will be much larger, and there will be a bathtub/shower in it rather than just a shower. It's a whirlpool bathtub, too. If I recall correctly, there's a glass door to the bathtub/shower... rather than a shower curtain.

There will also be a dressing area that regular cabins don't have. It's been a while since I was in a suite, but I think I recall that there were double sinks rather than just a single sink.

Your balcony will be larger than a standard balcony, too.

All of this is correct, plus you will get priority embarkation. This is all that CCL offers for booking a suite.

We were on the Pride 2 weeks ago in an aft suite. As others of said, you get nothing more then quicker boarding. The suite was 2 rooms with the first room being tiny and narrow. We never used it. The bedroom was small too. After staying in it for a week, we decided it wasn't worth getting a suite on CCL. There was no real benefits as other cruiselines give.

What are the differences besides the bigger room?

What can I expect to be the biggest perk? .

Hi Keith :)

To answer your question directly:

1) Priority embarkation and disembark

2) Extra closet space

3) Larger bathroom, with jacuzzi whirlpool bathtub/twin sinks

4) Dressing area

5) Larger balcony

6) And of course, a larger cabin

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

After seven cruises I've chosen the upgrade to an ocean suite. What are the differences besides the bigger room? What can I expect to be the biggest perk? I'll be on the Pride out of Baltimore.

IMO the perks Carnival offers for suites isn't worth the extra $$$. You might be just as happy with a regular balcony room.

We were on the Pride 2 weeks ago in an aft suite. As others of said, you get nothing more then quicker boarding. The suite was 2 rooms with the first room being tiny and narrow. We never used it. The bedroom was small too. After staying in it for a week, we decided it wasn't worth getting a suite on CCL. There was no real benefits as other cruiselines give.

Most suites on the sides are one large room--not broken up--and we loved it for the already mentioned reasons.

We were upgraded (did not have to pay extra) and we still have no idea why.

My biggest thing I liked with the suites was the air conditioning it was noticeably a lot better then a standard room.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've never stayed in a standard cabin so not sure but we had our suite freezing all the time. It was great.

I just upgraded to a Suite today (upsell fairy is a bad, bad fairy)

i thought i would hijack your thread instead of starting another since i was curious about the same thing..but one more question.

does having a suite and vip boarding etc mean you can get the same perks as FTTF, for instance, entering the suite before 1:30ish?

just curious if we'd be able to drop carry ons right off or if we'd need to haul it to lunch on the Lido and wait as per usual. not a big deal, just curiosities.

i'll be on the Legend in January.

No it doesn't have the perks of FTTF. We only got priority boarding in Baltimore. It was weddings, then suite and VIPs, then FTTF. That is the only perk suites got. They didn't even announce rooms were ready. We asked at 1:30 and was told all rooms open at 2pm.

I just upgraded to a Suite today (upsell fairy is a bad, bad fairy)

i thought i would hijack your thread instead of starting another since i was curious about the same thing..but one more question.

does having a suite and vip boarding etc mean you can get the same perks as FTTF, for instance, entering the suite before 1:30ish?

just curious if we'd be able to drop carry ons right off or if we'd need to haul it to lunch on the Lido and wait as per usual. not a big deal, just curiosities.

i'll be on the Legend in January.

Nope, you will still have to purchase FTTF for the perks. We did this in July on the Freedom.

What cabin did you have? Sounds like my aft cabin #4237 that I'm really looking forward on our Dec 15 sailing!!

I'm okay with not a lot more space, but I'm looking forward to the wrap-around view. (We also have 3 adjoining aft balconies!)

Question: Does the aft wrap suite have 1 or 2 balcony doors?

IMO the perks Carnival offers for suites isn't worth the extra $$$. You might be just as happy with a regular balcony room.

I agree, don't waste your money on a suite. You can book an aft-wrap and get a big room and even bigger balcony for a lot less money.

If Carnival upped their suite perks, then it would be worth it. I had the opportunity to upgrade to a suite but decided to stay in our aft-wrap. We are also balcony people and enjoy a large room and balcony. For the price, Carnival can keep priority embarkment and a tub. :p

Thanks for the info...i guess we will at least get to see what it is like inside the VIP lounge.

either way, i'm excited to do it.

The VIP lounge at Baltimore was a room with two desks and a pitcher of ice water with lemons. Lol. There was one tiny sofa to sit while waiting to check in at one of the two desks. Was a tiny room and not a lounge. It was just thee to check in then they directed you to a row of chairs in the main area where you waited with all the other passengers.

What cabin did you have? Sounds like my aft cabin #4237 that I'm really looking forward on our Dec 15 sailing!!

I'm okay with not a lot more space, but I'm looking forward to the wrap-around view. (We also have 3 adjoining aft balconies!)

Question: Does the aft wrap suite have 1 or 2 balcony doors?

We were in the aft suite 6260.