Your Top 3 Reasons...For Remaining Loyal To Carnival

YankeeFan4Ever

Although we prefer NCL overall, my wife and I will continue to cruise on Carnival for the following 3 reasons:

1 - Comedy shows (adult R-rated of course)

2 - Half Moon Cay (paradise on earth)

3 - Cheap prices (good vacation value)

What are your top 3 reasons for remaining loyal to Carnival?

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

We have done our last 20 or so cruises on carnival but after one next month we will try Princess.

After that we will consider our options but why would you have loyalty to Carnival? Have always enjoyed ourselves but now is time to play the field.

I would love to try another line and look forward to doing so. I don't see how I would be unhappy no matter who I cruised with. I'm aiming for Royal or Norweigan one day. Disney is out of my consideration anymore for various reasons. I've remained loyal to Carnival because of their pricing, fun loving and friendly shipmates, and the variety of ship and sailing options.

I like Carnival because I think you get lot for the price.I like the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that you can buy, the serenity deck on a sea day, the sea day barbeque, the beds and bedding are so comfortable, the shows, the library,, the fact that they sell clinique products so I do not panic if I forget something.I think the staff is great and eager to please and it is fun.I think Carnival gets a bad rap.All my experiences have been great.

1. Cheap

2. Cheap

3. Cheap

In my (admittedly limited) experience, most of the mass-market lines are pretty darn similar. First consideration is itinerary, and then I'm going to go with whatever's cheapest, since I usually sail solo. Usually, that's Carnival, but not every time. I do wish they'd add a Bermuda cruise, though, since I'm getting very tired of Nassau and Freeport.

Besides being very convenient for west coast driving to port , and having really reasonable prices, we really like the informality of Carnival! We have tried other lines and we can afford higher prices but we don't like having to dress up(read husband won't wear jacket/tie etc. on vacation) in order to dine in the MDR.

For us that is a really big deal!

There's really only one thing, Carnival's Lido options are unsurpassed. Especially on the newer ships. No one else will offer two regular buffets AND freshly grilled burgers (Guy's Burgers or the regular grill) AND freshly made burritos and tacos (Blue Iguana Cantina) AND delicious authentic Indian food (Tandoor) AND freshly made stir fry (Mongolian Wok) AND fresh made to order sandwiches (Deli) AND freshly tossed pasta with an ARRAY of toppings (Pasta Bar, some ships have the Rotisserie or Fish & Chips) AND pizza and ice cream available 24 hours. Even the new pay for options are inspired (Red Frog Pub, which I'm obsessed with, JiJi Asian Kitchen, Cucina del Capitano, and Bonsai Sushi). The Steakhouse is one of, if not the best across all lines. Carnival does pretty well when it comes to food.

Posting this actually made me kind of sad. If only Carnival would get their entertainment together and push the envelope just a little bit in terms of innovation, I wouldn't have to sail other lines

Edited by TheTravelista