Photography

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:17 AM.
San Diego CA
364 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Is there a photo shop on board where they will put your digital pictures on a cd that you can collect at the end of your voyage? I am going to be on quite a lengthly cruise and this would be a big help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carol
Edinburgh, Scotland.
1,556 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
We were on MP Sept last.

Some people we met onboard submitted theirs for transfer to disc but were disappointed when they collected the results as several shots were missing.

They have no idea what happened to the missing ones, only that they were on the card when submitted but not there afterwards.

Sorry thats the only info I can give as I didnt hear anyone else mention using the service. The couple above probably only mentioned it due to their disappointment.
San Diego CA
364 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Edinburger,

Thank you so much for your reply. At least they have the service. I used it on a 31 day cruise on Princess and it was really great. Now I have a camera that takes a 1gig card so maybe this will be enough.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carol
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
1 gig card will definately not be big enough if your intending to leave them on there to take home. I ended up shooting over 12 gig on the cruise. I took my laptop, which has a dvd burner and moved the pictures from the camera over to the laptop and also burned them to dvd for safety.

I ended up shooting about 500 pictures. I overheard one person say that he took over 6500! Not sure when he had time to sleep and such. You can only take so many pictures of icebergs, penguins and such!

There are devices that contain little hard drives that you can plug your memory card into and download the pictures to.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Pasadena
56 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by Arizona Mike
1 gig card will definately not be big enough if your intending to leave them on there to take home. I ended up shooting over 12 gig on the cruise. I took my laptop, which has a dvd burner and moved the pictures from the camera over to the laptop and also burned them to dvd for safety.

I ended up shooting about 500 pictures. I overheard one person say that he took over 6500! Not sure when he had time to sleep and such. You can only take so many pictures of icebergs, penguins and such!

There are devices that contain little hard drives that you can plug your memory card into and download the pictures to.

Hope this helps.

Mike
I personally shoot full frame and each picture takes a big chunk of space. I use 64gb flash drives on my cameras and have extras of similar size to ensure that I have enough space. I usually take approximately 1500 to 2000 pictures on a week vacation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature