Maybe another relaunch for Orient....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:36 AM.
2,794 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Originally posted by insidevoicemp
Any one has Mr. Harrod's new adventure company email address as i would be intrested to see what he is up to now and would he like to get some of the old MP crew to his future project's.
i have just discovered this
http://www.voyagestoantiquity.com/vo...n-Odyssey.html
and if you look at the online brochure someones name is there.
Toronto, ON. Canada
1,492 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Have used the info on the website and booked the inaugural cruise with friends. I am looking forward to this cruise with all of my heart.
Fran
Long Beach, CA
427 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Deeply disappointed in Mr. Harrod's new offering. I could live with no formal nights, but "cattle call" seating for dinner is a definite NO THANK YOU. I highly doubt they'll manage to tempt me onboard, they'd have to really give me a rate I couldn't refuse. They're also strictly doing the Med. Really not what I was hoping for.

Lydai
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL Niew Amsterdam - 7/84 Alaska
Premier Big Red Boat - 8/87? Bahamas
Cunard QE2 - 8/91 TransAtlantic
RCL Golden Odyssey - 3/93 SE Asia
Star Clipper - 6/94 Mediterranean
Princess - Royal Princess - 1995 Panama Canal Cruise
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 10/96 Athens to Mombasa
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 12/97 Antarctica
NCL - Norweigian Dream - 8/98 - Baltic Capitals
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 2/99 Auckland to Sydney
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 3/99 Sydney to Singapore
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 12/99 Millenium Cruise Antarctica
Orient Lines - Marco Polo 2/00 New Zealand
Orient Lines - Crown Odyssey 12/00 Singapore - Hong Kong
Orient Lines - Crown Odyssey 12/00 Hong Kong to Singapore (via Vietnam)
Orient Lines - Marco Polo 6/01 Norwegian Fjords
Orient Lines - Crown Odyssey 12/02 Los Angeles - Tahiti
Orient Lines - Crown Odyssey 12/02 Tahiti - Sydney
Holland America Lines - Veendam 11/06 Western Carribean
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 11/07 Fall Transatlantic
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 12/07 Rio to Buenos Aires
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - 12/07 Antarctica and the Falklands
Holland America - Statendam - 3/08 WWII Cruise
Holland America - Veendam - 9/08 Amazon Explorer
Holland America - Nordam - 4/09 Transatlantic
Star Clippers - Star Flyer - 08/09 Tahiti
Royal Caribbean - Independence - 4/10 - Transatlantic
Royal Caribbean - Grandeur - 10/11 - Transatlantic
Royal Caribbean - Radiance - 5/13 - NB Alaska
In the NCL fleet NOW
51 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Alexat2
Deeply disappointed in Mr. Harrod's new offering. I could live with no formal nights, but "cattle call" seating for dinner is a definite NO THANK YOU. I highly doubt they'll manage to tempt me onboard, they'd have to really give me a rate I couldn't refuse. They're also strictly doing the Med. Really not what I was hoping for.

Lydai
Lydai

Strictly Med, is somethng what we as old MP crew are not so found, there is still close community and contacts amongs us and we are still hopefull and waiting the oppoturnity to get some nice ship where we can again call A home....
108 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by Alexat2

Lydai
I don't understand what you mean by 'cattle call dining' as the two dining rooms are 'open seating' which means 'come when you please'.

As for the Med itineraries, I find them kind of refreshing as there are lots of ports you don't find the mainstream lines doing.
91 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Why don't you consider employment on the mv.Discovery?

The ships size and product is much the same as the Marco Polo was.

Now that the Discovery is no longer sailing to South America, she spends Dec., Jan., Feb. & March in India, Asia & on the East coast of Africa.

I don't know how many of the MP's old crew are still working onboard the Discovery, but there must be some.
Toronto, ON. Canada
1,492 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
insidevoicemp, You stated that the crew of the Marco Polo are not very fond of the Mediterranean. Can you share your reasons for this?

As a passenger, I am always happiest in the Med. Is there anything that we as passengers could do to make it a more positive experience for them?
Fran