Posted February 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Me and my wife cruised with Crystal Simphony the last Dec. We found their website and contacted them for a pick up at the airport and tour in Valparaiso and Vina del Mar before embarking. Everything went really fine, the van they used was practically new and the guide very helpfull. As you said we should not recomend but we had a good time with them, they were waiting for us at the airport as they said and we had a great day.
I hope you have a great cruise
Thank you for your information. My friend found SouthExcursions through website searching, and through e-mails with them (Javier at Customer Support), we were quoted $59/person for a group of 6. The price includes pick up at Valaparaiso cruise terminal at 9:30 a.m., then tour of Valaparaiso, Vina del Mar, Santiango, with dropoff at Santiango airport at 5:30 p.m. The price is very reasonable, but since I have never heard of that company, I still wonder if I should go ahead with our booking. Since you tried them and am happy with them, I guess I will go ahead and confirm our booking with them.
I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. What is the name of your tour guide?
2. Did you pay for the tour at the beginning of the tour, or pre-charged (credit card) at U.S. before the tour?
3. Did you have to give any personal information (passport numbers, credit card info., ...) when you booked on-line with them?
4. Where did they dropped you off for lunch? Was it a really fancy expensive restaurant or just family style restaurant?
5. What is the common % for tipping of the guide and the driver?