Matched Status - but no benefits?

TupeloHoney

It took about 2 months for them to finally match our status and get the information into our booking. But we aren't getting the 5% off. Could that be because we're only about a week and a half from sailing now? Do I need to call? Also, how do you know if you've gotten the OBC? (I thought that was also a benefit of matching to Gold - maybe I'm wrong?) Not sure what the point of all that hassle was. Had to do it several times, had to call, finally got matched, went to enter Voyager Club numbers into booking and told they were invalid, one customer service rep very rudely said we did it wrong and need to start over - despite them emailing us and telling us we were gold - got another customer service rep on the phone and they finally processed the number and put it on our booking.

Hi. Not sure if you will get the 5% discount so close to sailing as you have paid the balance, but keep asking. Also, the obc isn't on every voyage, only the Voyagers Club ones. You should get some more benefits when you get on board. There is a list of the different benefits for each VC level on their website.

Rob

I booked my 3/24 Seaside cruise earlier this month through an Internet Agency. I then emailed the agency and told them I did a status match and am eligible for a 5% discount. Same day I received a email back that they contacted MSC and a 5% refund would be applied to my credit card. The refund has posted!!

I am going to be controversial here but why should people expect a discount to be applied to a cruise that has already been booked at a price you were happy with?

The status match should be done before you make the booking if you want to receive the discount!

And yes we did the match after we had made our first booking and paid for it!

We got the discount on our other 2 bookings the following years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We wanted the 5% because it was indicated that we should get it. Getting the status match was a pain in the butt - much more difficult than it should have been. And based on our experiences with MSC thus far, I'm pretty sure this will be our only MSC cruise. I'm going in with an open mind and hope that the cruise itself is good, but the customer service leading up to the cruise has been atrocious, and I don't need that in my life.

I agree with you in getting the discount. People new to MSC do not become aware of the Status Match until researching and booking the cruise. In my case ...I did the Status Match before booking my cruise. But since I never book directly with the Cruise line....(I do all my booking online thru internet agencies)... There was no where during the booking process to get the 5% discount applied. So I wrote to the Internet agency (after I booked)...explained I was entitled to the discount and they called MSC and took care of it. Refund was applied to my CC. I did not consider this a difficult additional step especially with a savings of $200 for doing it.

I am going to be controversial here but why should people expect a discount to be applied to a cruise that has already been booked at a price you were happy with?

The status match should be done before you make the booking if you want to receive the discount!

I guess you could compare it to that new fridge you bought at a great deal. After you got it, you found out you could get a rebate by just filing out a card. Most people would jump on any savings or money back on anything I'd think. ;)

The reason I booked before our status match went through was because I wanted a very specific room of which there were 2 of on the Magnifica (15008 or 15007) and didn't want to risk it not being available when MSC finally got around to status matching me 3 attempts and 6 weeks later. I actually started the status match a week before I booked.

Though in truth maybe this is a US thing? All of my major credit cards actually offer this protection also. If I was to go out and by.. well anything with one of my credit cards and then "register" my purchase other than just buying it, I can get price drops for 6+ weeks after I bought it.

Ummm .... because MSC expressly allows this? (It does.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked my 3/24 Seaside cruise earlier this month through an Internet Agency. I then emailed the agency and told them I did a status match and am eligible for a 5% discount. Same day I received a email back that they contacted MSC and a 5% refund would be applied to my credit card. The refund has posted!!

Never saw obc, never saw a discount, never saw a credit to my account. However, I also booked with online travel agent and my price was quite a bit lower than what MSC offered.

I expect it because MSC offers it. I am fine with the price I paid, but I found out about the status match after booking, and I also found out about the govt. discount after booking. If they offer it and allow it, I will take it. I am also in the refundable deposit stage, so I can just re-book if necessary to get the savings - I noticed a small price drop today for my sailing.

For those who had a tough time getting their status match - I did mine and hubby's night before last and today we both got e-mails with the updated voyager's club card - no hassle whatsoever. I had been under the impression when I booked the cruise last week that only those who would be eligible for black card status would be able to get a status match, and then I started reading more about it a couple of days ago and that's when I discovered that I could be matched to the silver per MSC's policy.