Has anyone been on a Carnival cruise during July 4th week?

LongHill44

We were hoping there would be a great deal of drink specials that week, more so on July 4th.

Sadly we will be at sea on July 4th so I am guessing fireworks are not something we will see.

Unless the Bahamas has a fireworks show that we can see from the ocean?

Not on Carnival, but we sailed during the week of the 4th of July on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And we celebrated.... Canada Day! (July 1st) [emoji1063]. They draped the centrum with Canadian flags and dropped red and white balloons. Great party with music which was well attended. But interestingly, they didn’t do anything special on July 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have sailed on Carnival Inspiration/Imagination out of Long Beach and the ships anchor just off Avalon Harbor the evening of July 4th to view the Catalina fireworks. It is a quality show and enjoyed by all on deck.

We are also cruising 4th of July week. This is what is posted on their site :

Independence Day/4th of July

When: July 4

Come celebrate the red, white and blue with us today! We aren’t just talking about Carnival… we are talking about the good ol’ USA! We are having a party in honor of Independence Day, with music, line dancing, drink specials, an all American buffet and much more.

• 4th of July daytime Lido Deck Party
  • 4th of July Trivia and Line Dancing
  • American-themed movies are shown on ships that feature the Carnival Seaside Theater
  • Youth Programs will feature a 4th of July Family Party and Scavenger Hunt
  • Wear your red, white and blue attire!

We've done a number of cruises over July 4 and will again this year. Last year on our Bermuda cruise they had two deck parties and USA-themed trivia, as well as the atrium decorated for July 4. As I understand, some ports (e.g. Bermuda) actually do fireworks. We sailed on July 2 last year and as we sailed down the Chesapeake we were able to see early fireworks on shore. But no, the ship is not permitted to do fireworks.

Probably our most memorable July 4 port was Saint John, New Brunswick. Saint John was founded by loyalists who left the US after the Revolution. We had a tour guide dressed as a Loyalist who had a lot of fun with our holiday.:)

Not on Carnival, but we sailed during the week of the 4th of July on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And we celebrated.... Canada Day! (July 1st) [emoji1063]. They draped the centrum with Canadian flags and dropped red and white balloons. Great party with music which was well attended. But interestingly, they didn’t do anything special on July 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A couple of years ago we did a Canada-New England cruise that covered both Canada Day and July 4. Both were given about equal treatment. They were mentioned but no big deal. Perhaps because they were both port days.