Cruise insurance question

pinklucky61

I have been on a girly girl cruise with a group of lady friends and some of them didn't think they would need (and luckily didn't need) insurance. Some of us bought insurance and some cruise and travel alot and never see the need for it. I do not know about all vendors/companies but if one is saying everyone in a cabin, shop around and find another that will work for you.

Haven’t seen answer elsewhere, if I want cruise insurance, do others under my booking need to get it as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each passenger has the same option as when booking airfare. You may choose to buy insurance or not from the carrier. As coevan suggested, insuremytrip.com has better choices and lower prices than the cruise lines and airlines offer. When it comes to traveler's insurance, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Haven’t seen answer elsewhere, if I want cruise insurance, do others under my booking need to get it as well?

Booked under people on reservation-ie I get insurance for my husband and I. We usually deal with Travel Guard-very easy to do on line or call. Most folks don't know that Medicare is not honored outside of the US so have to have the insurance for hubby-I still have a year and a bit. Of the 30 cruises we have done have only had to use it twice-but glad we had it. We usually get the gold plan. Happy shopping

Also, both persons can opt for different levels of coverage. We always include "cancel for any reason".

My DH has some health challenges - he gets high pre-existing condition medical coverage and high evacuation coverage - we've not had to use it but it's comforting to know we're covered. For me, on the other hand, health is pretty good so we go for a lower coverage.

The cost for me is about 1/3 of what we pay for him.

When I buy travel insurance they ask me to list the people this will cover - it's always just me and my husband. I don't know how it would work if you had children with you. As far as other adults, I think it is each individual's responsibility to get coverage. I wouldn't cruise without it.