Passover Menu

awinner

Hello there,

Did a search on here and did not seem to find anything recently related to Passover. I went to the carnival site and it shows that they will have a special menu for those observing. The link on Carnivals website for viewing the menu does not show anything and amazingly, I did a google search and could not find much there either. Can anyone share any info or have any updated menus or food pics? Thanks in advance.

I have very limited knowledge but I know the galleys are not Kosher and are not set up to store and wash utensils, china and glassware. Also proper separation of meat and dairy is an issue. We learned this on a galley tour many years ago when the ships offered tours at not charge on a sea day.

Five years ago we did a cruise during Passover. Two months in advance we wrote to the Carnival main office and got permission to have a Seder (we brought supplies and Haggodahs). The head chef (from India) really tried----but fried matza made from matza meal and eggs looked like pancakes. About the only accommodation was that they did have matza on request. If you'd like to see the 14? people (including a nun who always goes to a seder each year) who showed up for the seder from the listing in the daily schedule---check out pix 11a-11p. Just click on the link and you can click on the picture to make it larger--have fun.

A CRUISE DURING PASSOVER

I did not realize when we booked the cruise that our last night is the first night of Passover. I would not expect the cruise line to do a "Passover meal".

We will do one with our family on another day when we are home.

It would certainly be easy to bring matzoh on board but not all the other things we might eat and certainly not anything that was strictly kosher for Passover.

Our family is more interested in remembering the reason for the meal than the food associated with it but all families are different .

I did not realize when we booked the cruise that our last night is the first night of Passover. I would not expect the cruise line to do a "Passover meal".

We will do one with our family on another day when we are home.

It would certainly be easy to bring matzoh on board but not all the other things we might eat and certainly not anything that was strictly kosher for Passover.

Our family is more interested in remembering the reason for the meal than the food associated with it but all families are different .

Hi there. Based on their website, it suggests otherwise and that they will do something, but the menu link does not show anything.

---

From carnivals website

Passover

When: March 30-April 7, 2018 | April 19-27, 2019 | April 8-16, 2020

A limited Passover menu will be offered on board all ships during the Passover holiday which is observed for eight days. If a clergyman of any faith wishes to perform a religious service, it is on a ‘volunteer basis’ only. To learn more about our clergy policy, click here.

Since Jews do not need a "clergyman" to perform any ceremonies for their religious holidays I am wondering if you are planning to do a seder for your family if the appropriate food is prepared for you??

I guess I am asking if you just want traditional food or if you want to actually celebrate the holiday??

Check out the Cruising Jewish board down in the Floataway Lounge.

How far do you go for Passover? Very easy to avoid wheat. Could do a Gluten Free diet. The GF WCMC is said to be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Five years ago we did a cruise during Passover. Two months in advance we wrote to the Carnival main office and got permission to have a Seder (we brought supplies and Haggodahs). The head chef (from India) really tried----but fried matza made from matza meal and eggs looked like pancakes. About the only accommodation was that they did have matza on request. If you'd like to see the 14? people (including a nun who always goes to a seder each year) who showed up for the seder from the listing in the daily schedule---check out pix 11a-11p. Just click on the link and you can click on the picture to make it larger--have fun.

A CRUISE DURING PASSOVER

Several years ago we were either on a RCCL ship or a Carnival ship don’t remember which one we contacted the line we were around 14 people in our group and asked if they would have a Seder they said yes they also had a cantor there that ran it. It was in a separate meeting room with basic items soup chicken dinner matzo wine and we had our Seder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums