A few question about the MAGIC

amalia72

Hi, we will be sailing on the Magic on May and I have a few questions

1. are there laundry machines for self laundry?

2. any recommendations about the restaurants?

Any recommendations about anything aboard the ship would be highly appreciated

They have self service laundry and we do enjoy the steakhouse.

We do like how promenade deck is laid out with cover band having its own space.

Also rear lounge gives plenty of room for comedy club. This is the best class of ship Carnival has built. We do not care for layout of Vista.

They have self service laundry and we do enjoy the steakhouse.

We do like how promenade deck is laid out with cover band having its own space.

Also rear lounge gives plenty of room for comedy club. This is the best class of ship Carnival has built. We do not care for layout of Vista.

Thank you very much.

This is a first cruise for us so still not exactly sure how everything works......

Regarding the laundry - if I bring some detergent with me I should be able to do some laundry?

Little tip...check and make sure detergent dispenser isn't out of stock before you swipe card. Got charged $3 when machine was empty. Then had to lug laundry to another floors laundry room and they were out too. Then called down and waited forever for assistance.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

We just sailed Magic end of January.

We enjoyed the comedians and karaoke along with the live entertainment on deck 5 promenade opposite the coffee shop.

We ate at the Italian specialty restaurant $15 pp upcharge, well worth it. We did not dine at the Steakhouse, been there done that.

We also ate at Red Frogg Pub and food was good, bar food, had the coconut shrimp and grouper fingers, very reasonably priced.

Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana are also great choices.

Best deal on the ship is the coffee shop, top notch coffee beverages!

We had anytime dining and ate in the dining room twice during our 7 day cruise. Food was good both nights, service was quick the first night and very slow the 2nd night.

It was our 2nd cruise on Magic. Next up is Vista on March 10th to new to us ports.

You'll have a great cruise!

Be sure to check out the Captains Pasta Bar at lunch. It's upstairs from the lido buffet in the back in the Cucina del Captano. Free at lunch and absolutely fantastic. You sit down and choose your pasta, your sauce, your protein, your veggies and they fox it up for you and serve it. Also have Cesar salad, lasagna and bread. On embarkation day it is empty and a nice first lunch.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

If you want to book the Steakhouse, do it ahead of time. We never do, and on the Magic was the first time we almost didn’t get a reservation onboard. Apparently the Magic has the smallest Steakhouse of the whole fleet. Definitely worth it, though. Cucina was very good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may also consider the wash and fold laundry service. You fill a bag with as much laundry as you can, itemize it, your steward takes it and it is returned the next day, cleaned and folded. Fifteen dollars a bag. If you don't find a bag in your stateroom, your steward can provide them.

If you like BBQ, head to deck five after embarking to the lanai for guys BBQ. Nobody knows about this yet so no lines and plenty of seating. If you like this food, you only have two more chances for it, one each sea day.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

You may also consider the wash and fold laundry service. You fill a bag with as much laundry as you can, itemize it, your steward takes it and it is returned the next day, cleaned and folded. Fifteen dollars a bag. If you don't find a bag in your stateroom, your steward can provide them.

If you like BBQ, head to deck five after embarking to the lanai for guys BBQ. Nobody knows about this yet so no lines and plenty of seating. If you like this food, you only have two more chances for it, one each sea day.

This is a great service if you want to spend your money on that or don't have time to wash your laundry. However, it's $15 a bag as you said. The bags you fill up for $15 aren't really that big. I used those bags to carry my laundry to the washing machine on board and I washed 3 of those bags for $6 total. (would of been $45 had I sent it out). Big difference!

thanks for the laundry tip

Guy's BBQ - Why do we have 2 more chances for this? is it open only during sea days?

thanks for the laundry tip

Guy's BBQ - Why do we have 2 more chances for this? is it open only during sea days?

If your Platinum ....you get 3 bags of laundry free.

Yes.... Barbeque is only open on Sea Days and short port days (i.e if you leave at 2pm)

You can also get tips on the first time cruiser boards

CAN we get free pasta lunch only first day?

Free pasta-bar lunch is available all days, AFAIK. They had a similar setup on the Vista and we felt guilty going there and enjoying a relaxed, sit-down meal when just below us people were fighting for tables on Lido.

OP, note that the Magic also has Mongolian Wok, with made-to-order stir-fry. It's best to get there a little early as the line will get long....it's the price you pay for fresh, made-as-you-watch stir-fry. It's one of my favorites.

I too, sailed "Magic" recently, and would advise you to take a sweater, or sweat shirt as the ship is VERY cool most of the time. Also, if you attend the BIG shows, you might want to consider taking along some ear plugs, as the volume of the music is very LOUD. Karaoke was lots of fun, as well as the comics. Great cruise overall.

"SKY"

Also, be sure to get up early and check out the random breakfast choices. One of my faves is the breakfast burritos on the Lido.

A fun activity for us is to go out to the "secret decks" on the front of 11 and there is another one, i forget which deck. Just go to the very front of a hallway and there should be a door, or just ask a crew member how to get to the forward most observation areas. Have fun!!

Also, be sure to get up early and check out the random breakfast choices. One of my faves is the breakfast burritos on the Lido.

As well as breakfast burritos at Blue Iguana Cantina, made-to-order. A lot of people don't realize this and it can be a great way to avoid the long breakfast lines at the Lido buffet.

A fun activity for us is to go out to the "secret decks" on the front of 11 and there is another one, i forget which deck. Just go to the very front of a hallway and there should be a door, or just ask a crew member how to get to the forward most observation areas. Have fun!!

Those decks on the Magic appear to be Decks 6,7,9,10 and 11. Deck 8 forward is the bridge. Note that Deck 9 forward will have places to stand above the bridge-wings on each side, giving you a great view along the side of the ship. As a word of warning, these decks are almost always windy when the ship is travelling "at speed" and will sometimes be closed off due to winds.

According to cruisedeckplans, Decks 4 and 5 (Mezzanine and Promenade) appear to have accessible areas over the bow as well...Mezzanine Deck might go all the way up to the prow. (Does anyone know?)

If your Platinum ....you get 3 bags of laundry free.

Yes.... Barbeque is only open on Sea Days and short port days (i.e if you leave at 2pm)

I also found that they set up a great salad bar at lunch inside right near the BBQ. Unfortunately, I found it on our last sea day!

Free pasta-bar lunch is available all days, AFAIK. They had a similar setup on the Vista and we felt guilty going there and enjoying a relaxed, sit-down meal when just below us people were fighting for tables on Lido.

OP, note that the Magic also has Mongolian Wok, with made-to-order stir-fry. It's best to get there a little early as the line will get long....it's the price you pay for fresh, made-as-you-watch stir-fry. It's one of my favorites.

Mongolian Wok is great! But, yes the line is awful. We had an issue where the people in front of us were fixing themselves 3 bowls of food each. It really slowed the line down.