Where to book Kefalonia excursions?

stickyshocker

We are a family of 4, and are very interested on doing the Melissani lake and Myrtos beach,I don't know much about this port and the only tour I've seen so far are from:

1. Shipmate app ( Is this legitimate?)

2. Viator ( But the info they provide are vague, don't know if its a private car or a coach and no idea how we will meet)

3. Royal Carib. Excursions ( Except the tour doesn't offer Myrtos beach, just the Melissani lake paired with a Agios Monastery.

We are 7 weeks out and was hopin' I can figure this thing out so I can just print my sail pass nd relax:) ...Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

Have you looked on Trip Advisor - there are companies on there offering tours although I'm not sure if the timings will fit in with your schedule.

I will be in Kefalonia for a land based holiday in less than 4 weeks and will see what I can see on offer in Argostoli if that's not leaving it too late for you to plan.

Have you looked on Trip Advisor - there are companies on there offering tours although I'm not sure if the timings will fit in with your schedule.

I will be in Kefalonia for a land based holiday in less than 4 weeks and will see what I can see on offer in Argostoli if that's not leaving it too late for you to plan.

Thanks a lot.. I think i still have time to book anything at least 2 weeks before our cruise.. If not, i'll just see if i can find a taxi for hire on the spot at the port..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
We are a family of 4, and are very interested on doing the Melissani lake and Myrtos beach,I don't know much about this port and the only tour I've seen so far are from:

1. Shipmate app ( Is this legitimate?)

2. Viator ( But the info they provide are vague, don't know if its a private car or a coach and no idea how we will meet)

3. Royal Carib. Excursions ( Except the tour doesn't offer Myrtos beach, just the Melissani lake paired with a Agios Monastery.

We are 7 weeks out and was hopin' I can figure this thing out so I can just print my sail pass nd relax:) ...Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

We used Kokolis tours. We went from Argostoli way up and over to Sami ( We had THE best authentic greek lunch there) We were at an outdoor covered area on the water and the restaurant was across the street. It was amazing and sooo cheap 55E for 6 of us, LOTS of food and with wine too. I mention it because it was a definite highlight.

We went to Melissani Lake and the Drogarati Cave, the overlook above Myrtos Bay. We were supposed to stop at a winery but it was unexpectedly closed that day but we went back to the port area and had a bit of time to wander the shops and our guide presented us with a huge tray of baklava, the best we've ever had, better than Istanbul. We put in our fridge in one of ours rooms and snacked on it for days. lol

This was a very enjoyable day with scenery that was amazing. It was a highlight of the cruise. We were our Mom, 3 daughters and 2 of our daughters, so 6 of us and we still talk about the amazing meal in Sami while sitting along the water where older Greek fishermen were mending their fishing lines. It was a pinch me moment. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We did the "Highlights of Kefalonia Tour from Argostolion" from Viator. It wasn't bad, but the bus does wait, as they try to fill it with passengers from the boat, who can book on the spot at the port. Melissani cave lake was terrific. The stop at the monastery and winery were just ok. Ditto the Drogarati cave - we have been to the Jenolan caves in Australia, and glowworm caves in New Zealand the month before, so the cave itself wasn't particularly impressive, by comparison.