Star Wars Characters on non-Star Wars sailings?

DeeDouble302

What a shame. It would be nice to see the main characters from the original trilogy walking around without having a whole day/night dedicate to Star Wars, especially for those that aren't full fledged fanatics.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the Star Wars sailing, they had the characters walking around only that one day - and no Disney characters were out that day.

I noticed on the last night of the sailing, they took a lot of the Star Wars merchandise out of the stores.

So it seems to me it was pretty regulated on how much Star Wars influence they want on the ship.

On the Star Wars sailing, they had the characters walking around only that one day - and no Disney characters were out that day.

I noticed on the last night of the sailing, they took a lot of the Star Wars merchandise out of the stores.

So it seems to me it was pretty regulated on how much Star Wars influence they want on the ship.

The Character performers re already busy being Star Wars Characters, hence why no Disney Characters at the same time.

Mickey and Minnie might be Ewoks, Goofy might be Darth etc. And I think you can't have Disney and Lucas film Characters together for some reason, maybe licensing?

ex techie

It is probably a lot like Star Wars weekends at the park--on those days, there are Star Wars characters everywhere. Mickey does appear in a jedi costume with a light saber but you don't see other Disney characters. But on "normal" days at the park, you don't see any Star Wars characters.

I also don't think the ship wants to get a reputation that if you are not into Star Wars, you won't enjoy a cruise that week. If they keep it to one day, people who don't like Star Wars can put up with it for one day of the cruise.

By the same token, by not having the Star Wars characters out on "normal" cruises, they preserve the idea that a Star Wars cruise is special. It makes people move to what might otherwise be a less desirable date and makes the ship fill more quickly--obviously good for DCL.

• 1 year later...
Are there Jedi academy options on a "non sw" cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, but no. That program is only offered on the SW day on the special cruises....at least in the "big" format. There is a SW area of the kid programming space on the Fantasy.

The Character performers re already busy being Star Wars Characters, hence why no Disney Characters at the same time.

Mickey and Minnie might be Ewoks, Goofy might be Darth etc. And I think you can't have Disney and Lucas film Characters together for some reason, maybe licensing?

That, or the parks' ethic that clashing the two universes wouldn't feel the like the "real" experience of meeting either character.

Otherwise, outside of the sailing day-events, most of the SW and Marvel characters sometimes show up at the themed Kids Club activities, in the appropriate areas, but that's their little exclusive secret, not us grownups'.

Are there Jedi academy options on a "non sw" cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure what the official "Jedi Academy" is but on our regular sailing on the Dream there were some Star Wars activities in the kids club. I think one was "Jedi Training", and my son enjoyed that. I think there were a few others that we missed. And of course, a large part of the kids club is a replica of the Millennium Falcon that the kids can pilot (grown-ups too, during open visiting hours!).

I'm not sure what the official "Jedi Academy" is but on our regular sailing on the Dream there were some Star Wars activities in the kids club. I think one was "Jedi Training", and my son enjoyed that. I think there were a few others that we missed. And of course, a large part of the kids club is a replica of the Millennium Falcon that the kids can pilot (grown-ups too, during open visiting hours!).

The Jedi Training is sort of a small version of the Jedi Academy offered on SW cruises. And yes, there are these activities on the Dream......as well as Marvel Academy on the Magic.