Two Entrees in MDR

RVman

OP, there shouldn't be a problem with ordering two entrees at all.

However, on my cruise on Liberty a few years ago when I asked for two different entrees the waiter looked at me like I'd grown two heads. I was pretty surprised by that, but shrugged and moved on.

It was my first cruise on Royal after several years away and our first visit to the MDR on the cruise, so I thought maybe Royal had instituted a new policy regarding multiple entrees. It was also a full-ship charter, with open seating in the MDR and no dress code, so I thought that could have had something to do with it.

On subsequent cruises, though, I was able to get two entrees when I wanted them.

We tended to order two apps every night. One would be a salad type choice, and the other a savory one. We did exactly as you described with extra prime rib dinner to split with our tails. Honestly, the tails are just okay, definitely small and our dinner was served with just one, though clearly more could be had.

We're new to Royal Caribbean and was wondering if you can order two entrees in the MDR. Example on Lobster and Prime Rib night can we order one of each without an extra charge. And Do many people do this? We don't want to look like pigs lol. Thank you

Yes, I did exactly that (lobster and prime rib).

Those who only ordered lobster go two on their plate, and a third delivered shortly after.

I even got a second lobster tail.

Just to clarify: If you order one of each entree, you'll receive two complete plates ... complete with sides on both plates. They will bring you EXACTLY what you order. A better plan:

- Order the prime rib plate ... with a lobster added to the plate.

- Order X number extra lobsters for your table. My girls and their cousins were INSANE about lobster, so my husband asked for a plate of X-number of lobsters. They brought a plate with JUST the lobsters.

Note: I think everyone knows we really mean lobster tails.

If you watch, your server gets complete plates, and just puts them together the way you want. They do not come from the galley as just lobster tails.

If you watch, your server gets complete plates, and just puts them together the way you want. They do not come from the galley as just lobster tails.

I've seen many times where the extra lobsters are by themselves without any accompaniments. On our Aug. '16 NE/Canada cruise on the Anthem, we were pleasantly surprised to dine on full lobsters purchased by RCL in Portland/Bar Harbor, Maine. Also, had a wonderful lobster roll in Bar Harbor and a tasty lobster/shrimp roll in the MDR for lunch.

It's really helpful to the waiter if you order the additional entree or dessert when he/she first takes your order. Saves them an extra trip to the galley to get in line. Many

people choose multiple dishes and share. Great way to try something new!

We're new to Royal Caribbean and was wondering if you can order two entrees in the MDR. Example on Lobster and Prime Rib night can we order one of each without an extra charge. And Do many people do this? We don't want to look like pigs lol. Thank you

I have never not ordered at least 2 entree's and 2-3 appetizers in 30 cruises, its your vacation, live it up!

Allure August this year, my DH ordered the steak meal as an extra each day, three days in the fab waiter quite rightly said, you only want the steak don't you and just brought that, no other accompaniments.

Btw DH is a pig 🐷🐽!

I can hardly remember the last time I saw lobster that wasn't an upcharge item? Where can I get me one of these elusive crustaceans?

I often ask for a plate of steamed vegetables, and I have been known to have 2 appetizers if I can't decide what I want

I wouldn't personally be able to eat 2 entrees, but people that can... fill yer boots!

I can hardly remember the last time I saw lobster that wasn't an upcharge item? Where can I get me one of these elusive crustaceans? ...

All you have to do is go on a US based cruise of 5 days or longer.:)

(Probably cheaper to cruise out of Southampton and just pay extra for the lobster)

I can hardly remember the last time I saw lobster that wasn't an upcharge item? Where can I get me one of these elusive crustaceans?

I often ask for a plate of steamed vegetables, and I have been known to have 2 appetizers if I can't decide what I want

I wouldn't personally be able to eat 2 entrees, but people that can... fill yer boots!

If you want the reals stuff, take a cruise to NE/Canada.

I'm a big fan of the Soufflé desserts (although I skip the espresso sauce on the chocolate offering). I was on a cruise with a group from an online forum and most of them were first timers. It came to dessert and I ordered 3. The person seated next to me said, "I'm sorry - did you just order 3 soufflés?" I just laughed and the next time I ordered multiples of ANYTHING everyone at the table did the same. They learned that I know my way around those menus!

(in fairness, that's the only thing I ever triple order.. but yum!)

As has been said, US cruises of 5 nights or longer. One night will be lobster night in the MDR. They are warm water lobsters, also know as longustas or langousta (but not the same as longosta or longostino) or spiny lobster. They do not have the large claws. Also known as crayfish in parts of the world, but not like American Southeastern crawfish.

They are still quite good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_lobster

Cold water lobster (with claws) is available as an upcharge.