Those familiar with Barcelona/hotels

Jenna1983

I'm currently trying to decide which hotel best suits my needs. I'm currently looking at the following:

Europark Hotel

Hotel Jazz

U232 Hotel

Are all close enough to La Rambla or within a reasonable distance of sights? Which would offer the best in terms of "central" location? Also, I've been reading around 30 Euros to the port? Is this about right?

We have always stayed at Hotel Continental

Reasonably priced with 24/7 food wine beer ice cream

And free Internet.

And on las Rambos 1/2 block from square

for station for all hop on hop off routes.

Their sister upscale hotel is right down

Street with same amenities.

Not familiar with your hotels on list.

I'm currently trying to decide which hotel best suits my needs. I'm currently looking at the following:

Europark Hotel

Hotel Jazz

U232 Hotel

Are all close enough to La Rambla or within a reasonable distance of sights? Which would offer the best in terms of "central" location? Also, I've been reading around 30 Euros to the port? Is this about right?

Read on this board a reply from English inSpain. Name of Carol. She has a wonderful list on her replies on the end for hotels.

Europark Hotel

Hotel Jazz

U232 Hotel

The main sights of Barcelona are not all together so wherever you stay you will not be near all the sights and would need to use taxis or public transport to get to some.

Taxis are plentiful and not that expensive. There is a good metro system and lots of buses. There are also HoHo (hop on hop off) buses which you can use to get from one location to another while still seeing something of the city.

Las Ramblas/Plaza Cataluña is probably considered to be the most central location and the hotels near there tend to be more expensive.

Of the hotels you are looking at, Hotel Jazz is definitely the most centrally located.

Hotel Jazz - about 100 yards from the nearest metro and about 1/4 mile from Las Ramblas.

Europark Hotel - about 200 yards from the nearest metro station and about a mile from Las Ramblas

U232 Hotel - about 1/4 mile from the nearest metro station and about 1.5 miles from Las Ramblas

For details of these and other hotels see the link in my signature.

Taxi fare from a central hotel to the port can range between €15 and €20 depending on time of day, day of week and the amount of traffic. €30 is more likely to be to the airport.

And free Internet.

Incidentally these amenities are free!

Europark Hotel

Hotel Jazz

U232 Hotel

hi Have stayed at the Hotel Jazz several times before departing on a cruise. Always had a warm welcome, the rooms are nicely furnished and clean. Its location is superb, being right in the centre of the city and all the sights. The airport bus stops just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel which means you can avoid a taxi from the airport. A 5 minute walk brings you on to the Ramblas, the Gothic area, Cathedral, and wonderful shops and restaurants. We have always booked a room only rate simply because there are numerous places to get breakfast nearby. The metro is across the road.

We originally found this hotel on Trip Advisor where it is highly rated.

The reception desk will order a taxi for you to the cruise terminal and takes about 10 minutes, with a cost of about 20 euro depending on luggage.

Enjoy Barcelona what a fabulous city.

John

Just adding info to my earlier post

So has some repeated info . Sorry

Reasonably priced hotel with 24/7 food wine beer ice cream(all inclusive!

And free Internet and computers. Secure camera access!

And on las Rambas 1/2 block from square

Easy access to everywhere.

Walk out hotel on to Las Ramblas!

Their sister more upscale hotel is right down

Street with same 24/7 amenities!

Every time we stayed there. almost entire hotel

is full of cruisers,and there is wonderful outdoor back patio

and ample sitting areas for visiting.

It is close to port and ship!

There is a transfer bus at Las Rambas to ship.

Hotel has balconies overlooking Las Ramblas also.

Fun to sit out and watch the action anytime while having a beverage

Also next to Old Town where lots of cafes are located.

Our favorite was Taller Tapas.

Europark Hotel

Hotel Jazz

U232 Hotel

Those are the exact three hotels I had short listed for our November trip, I've chosen a suite with huge terrace at the U232 hotel, it was a lot cheaper and bigger than the others it's €107 a night, although I was led to believe it was closer to the metro than 1/4 mile, the hotel website says Hospital clinic metro is 100 metres

All review well and are sister hotels, but I made my decision based on price and the fact that I've heard the Jazz can be noisy from the metro underneath it and the Europark area does not seem as nice and they don't have the same terraces or balconies.

I've not stayed yet so hopefully I've made the right choice but to be honest I think you would like any of them :) Hotel Jazz is a particular favourite amongst cruisers!

Phew! You had me worried for a while there! :)

I forgot there are 2 entrances to that metro station :o - one on the corner of Carrer Comte d'Urgell and Carrer Del Rosselló (that is the nearest to hotel U232) the other entrance is at the other end of Carrer Del Rosselló near Carrer Villarroel (that is the one that is about 1/4 mile)

Hope that makes sense.

I stayed at the Hoel Jazz for 5 nights last July. It is in a great location near Plaza Cataluna and Las Ramblas which I personally would not want to stay on as its VERY busy! The rooms are modern and well funished with all you need. The hotel has a great roof terrace for drinks and a pool with towels and sun loungers which were great for a chilling out relax after a days sight seeing. I thought Hotel Jazz was good value for money considering its facilities. I have visited Hotel 1898 which is fabulous but at double the price I don't think its worth it unless money is no object of course!!:)

Gillian

• 4 weeks later...

And free Internet.

We are staying there also, for our cruise in June. Can you tell me the name of their sister hotel, and have you started there before?

We are staying there also, for our cruise in June. Can you tell me the name of their sister hotel, and have you started there before?

Oh I guess I didn't read it right, you have stayed there before. Did you have a balcony room. I heard it's very loud, my feeling we probably won't be back, why not stay where the action is

Just adding info to my earlier post

So has some repeated info . Sorry

Reasonably priced hotel with 24/7 food wine beer ice cream(all inclusive!

And free Internet and computers. Secure camera access!

And on las Rambas 1/2 block from square

Easy access to everywhere.

Walk out hotel on to Las Ramblas!

Their sister more upscale hotel is right down

Street with same 24/7 amenities!

Every time we stayed there. almost entire hotel

is full of cruisers,and there is wonderful outdoor back patio

and ample sitting areas for visiting.

It is close to port and ship!

There is a transfer bus at Las Rambas to ship.

Hotel has balconies overlooking Las Ramblas also.

Fun to sit out and watch the action anytime while having a beverage

Also next to Old Town where lots of cafes are located.

Our favorite was Taller Tapas.

We are staying there next week for 3 nights before out NCL Spirit med cruise. It's nice to hear good things!!!

Archived