drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

For your information. It was supposed to be only on Harmony.

Well, allure too!

Same here - 3/10/18. I figured we might see a change for next year since they did not seem to be offering many discounts.

Deluxe Package

Toast to virtually unlimited options with cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water* – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100.

Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.

If the other person in the room doesn't drink very much, you're probably better off just paying for drinks as needed and not getting a package. Royal may end up making less with this new policy?

If the other person in the room doesn't drink very much, you're probably better off just paying for drinks as needed and not getting a package. Royal may end up making less with this new policy?

It should greatly reduce sharing of packages. My wife was always going to get the package, I was on the fence, it will probably mean we will both buy if they give a discount at some point, but if not we go without and buy much less drinks.

There are threads, last year or so, that talk about drink prices going up to push people into packages

Now that some people have developed the taste for the package they are trying to push it onto the whole party and make more $$

For some cruises it maybe cheaper to book an inside cabin than buy the package

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

When the drink packages started, both people in the room had to buy it. Obviously, there was enough "sharing" that they felt the need to reinstate it. Not surprising.

Actually, when the packages first started in the UK, all guests in a stateroom did not have to buy a package. I believe it was within two weeks that they decided to change the policy and require all guests in a stateroom to buy a package. This was before the packages were available to purchase on US based cruises.

When the drink packages started, both people in the room had to buy it.................

I do not recall the older policy mentioned by wolfganghowell. In the past 4 years, we brought our daughter with us on 4 cruises. She would always get the non-alcoholic drink package. My wife and I did not get the drink package, and we were only charged for one person on each of the 4 cruises.

Does this new policy change mean that all three cruisers in the same stateroom will be charged for the drink package, even if only one cruiser wants it?

Does this new policy change mean that all three cruisers in the same stateroom will be charged for the drink package, even if only one cruiser wants it?

Most likely, if all three cruisers are at least 21 years of age.

I'm booked in the harmony dec 9th. Are they gonna force me to book the package? Cause I was just gonna add on board credit.

Mark badger

No they are not. No one has to buy it, But if 1 does in the cabin then all has to,. But not forcing at all. Its your choice.