Koningsdam cruise leaving from cargo port AMS

SumoCitrus

I heard the July 1 koningsdam Cruise is leaving from a shipping container dock and not the normal cruise port. Can’t find any detail or a map that is helpful. I guess the cruise attire for this cruise is cardboard and twine?

It is possible. Do you know how many ships are in port that day?

This happened a couple of times in FT Lauderdale. We left from pier 26 but when the cruise ended, we were way, way down in the freight area -- almost half way down to Miami. We were all assigned buses to get up back up to pier 27 or the garages. People leaving that afternoon had to cram into a tiny check-in place and then be bused down to the ship.

It is possible. Do you know how many ships are in port that day?

This happened a couple of times in FT Lauderdale. We left from pier 26 but when the cruise ended, we were way, way down in the freight area -- almost half way down to Miami. We were all assigned buses to get up back up to pier 27 or the garages. People leaving that afternoon had to cram into a tiny check-in place and then be bused down to the ship.

Greetings from Amsterdam.

Celebrity Eclipse (2 850 guest) and Columbus (1.800 guests) are at the Cruise Terminal in centre of the city.

Koningsdam will be docked at: WATERLAND TERMINAL ELBAWEG 10 1044 AD AMSTERDAM.

This terminal is way out from the centre of town. Will take about 20 minutes (depending on trafiic) to get into town by taxi (if available)

Peter

Since that day Amsterdam will have 3 ships in port, indeed ms Koningsdam will not leave from the regular cruise terminal but from this address: Waterland terminal Elbaweg 10 1044 AD Amsterdam. You can check the exact location at google maps.

This terminal is located in the western part of town, indeed in an industrial area. On July 8 the ship will arrive/depart from the regular cruise erminal.

• 4 weeks later...

Curious, how do you know this? I assume on the documents?

Greetings from Amsterdam.

Celebrity Eclipse (2 850 guest) and Columbus (1.800 guests) are at the Cruise Terminal in centre of the city.

Koningsdam will be docked at: WATERLAND TERMINAL ELBAWEG 10 1044 AD AMSTERDAM.

This terminal is way out from the centre of town. Will take about 20 minutes (depending on trafiic) to get into town by taxi (if available)

Peter

How many ships can dock at the same time at the dock in the center?

We are leaving on 29/7 and i see listed the Koningsdam and Astor.

Last year we had the time problem with the waterland terminal. There where plenty taxis but i think the prices was higher then 32.. more like 45

At least 2 ships can dock at the terminal. The problem doesnot seem to be docking, but handling that many passengers and its cargo etc. ending/starting at that day. (turnaround). In your case Astor is only making a day stop.