Tableclothes

deborahjo

At home we take the tablecloth off the kitchen table to eat.

Only eat on a tablecloth when we have the folding tables out. Usually plastic to make cleanup easier.

Have no issue on any ship using/not using tablecloths when they have pretty tabletops. Regular catering tables are ugly.

If I didn't want a tablecloth, I'd stay home and eat at Golden Corral. :mad:

or you can eat at Masa in NYC which is probably the most expensive restaurant in the country... maybe they are skimping on the tablecloths too

on the bright side, they don't allow tipping (but at about $500 per person ... I guess they build it in)

The vast majority of nice restaurants that I've been to (at around $100/pp or more) do not have tacky white tablecloths. I am dumbstruck as to why is it that people complain about the lack of something so passé as tablecloths. To each their own I suppose.

What is the big deal with the table cloth we rarely even eat at our table at home. You all that have to have the tablecloth must also be the same people that complain about the pool chairs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In a few years, when the table tops are all beat to hell and looking tired, tablecloths will make a comeback.

Lol, I don't know why, but I think I beginning to appreciate your "humor" more and more.....

Sent from my iPhone

or you can eat at Masa in NYC which is probably the most expensive restaurant in the country... maybe they are skimping on the tablecloths too

on the bright side, they don't allow tipping (but at about $500 per person ... I guess they build it in)

Agreed. Google the top 10 restaurants in the US. Half of them do not use tablecloths.

I kinda like the tablecloths, that said on the Breeze they like to put bottles of wine on the tables. On rocky evenings they disappear. On a couple occasions you can watch wine and water slide across the tables when the ship is vibrating leaving a port. I caught my bottle as it slid off telling my waiter it now belongs to me because it would have broke had it hit the floor, we laughed. The next night, there was our waiter picking up glass and dabbing the floor as a bottle slid off a table near ours just as we were approaching for dinner.

What is funny to me now is that all of the places that I have been to lately that have nice white tablecloths on their tables cover the tops of the tables with white paper while they are setting the tables. Then, after the diners have finished they take off the paper and put clean paper on them and then set them for the next guests.