Printing Labels From VP

OffTheRails

Hi all,

having lurked & read posts on the forum for a while, I'm finally taking the plunge and adding a post of my own!

I've found out so much handy info from these boards, so thank you all for that, but I still have one potentially silly question! Having logged in to the Voyage Personaliser, I see that closer to the date of my sailing, I'll be able to download & print luggage labels as well as my tickets. My question is: how do I attach these to the case?! I take it they're just to be printed on normal A4 paper, so should I be buying some kind of luggage tag holder to attach to the cases? Am I missing something confoundingly obvious? How do you experienced cruising types use them?! I'll be on the coach transfer from Scotland so won't see the cases from the bus station till the stateroom, so I'm keen the labels don't fall off!

If it helps, my voyages are Southampton - NYC and NYC - Southampton on QM2 this summer.

Thanks!

Here's what our luggage labels from voyage personaliser looked like for our last QM2 voyage in 2016. You can buy luggage tag holders if you wish, but they are designed to be printed on standard paper, folded, and stapled or taped around the handles of your luggage as shown in the instructions. I've found they work pretty well that way. Just to be sure, I put two tags on each bag, one around the top handle and one around the side handle.

1817535765_QM2LuggageLabel.thumb.jpg.e06c50169a32bac186c88e51f08d97ad.jpg

I've only ever put one on the outside (although one per handle makes sense) but I also put an unfolded one in the suitcase on top of the contents.

If you're flying to the cruise you also need to pack (or borrow) a stapler, or buy the holders.

You can print off as many labels as you like. I print out two per case and one for each piece of hand luggage. Printed onto a good quality 90gsm A4 paper and folded as instructed, glued at each stage then laminated with sellotape and stapled at the end around suitcase handles. Cover the staples with more tape for safety. These are strong enough to pick up the case by impossible to rip off, difficult to cut off and are very cheap.

Regards John

Thanks everyone, will be printing multiples & getting my glue on!

No flights to consider thankfully, as I gave up flying a few years ago - hence the ship to NYC! Hopefully re-opens some parts of the world I didn't think I'd get to :)

I bought a pack of waterproof and tear resistant paper online, really tough, but can only be laser printed or photocopied. I also have a separate label with just name and mobile number on it, handy for land based holidays.