Melbourne Cup Cruise

Kiwi Kruzer

Hubby and I just returned from Station Pier.

We weren't allowed to walk onto the pier to see the ships (what a waste of $3 in parking :rolleyes: ) so ended up going to a nearby walking track and took plenty of photos. I will try and upload them later!

It was wonderful seeing our beloved Pacific Sun again, oh how I missed her! :(

Cant wait to be aboard again. :D

We just went back to see it again, as we have never seen the ship from a distance all lit up at night. :o

The Princess and Spirit of Tassie had left and only the Sun remained. She was beautiful. :o :D

Princess was quite good looking too and slightly (only ever so slightly) bigger than the Sun.

We just went back to see it again, as we have never seen the ship from a distance all lit up at night. :o

The Princess and Spirit of Tassie had left and only the Sun remained. She was beautiful. :o :D

Princess was quite good looking too and slightly (only ever so slightly) bigger than the Sun.

Actually Tina, Princess is quite a bit smaller than the Sun. About 40metres shorter in length, almost 17,000 tons lighter and carries only 680 passengers. Just goes to show, looks can be deceiving.

Karen

Actually Tina, Princess is quite a bit smaller than the Sun. About 40metres shorter in length, almost 17,000 tons lighter and carries only 680 passengers. Just goes to show, looks can be deceiving.

Karen

You're kidding! :eek:

There you go... :o

Okay, I know this is getting a touch obsessive, but I just drove over the Westgate Bridge again, where you can get a clear view of the Pier. The Sun was still there just before 7pm but on my way back up just before 7:30pm, she was gone. So sad I didnt get a chance to say goodbye.

How is it possible to get so attached to a freakin SHIP! :rolleyes: :o

Okay, I know this is getting a touch obsessive, but I just drove over the Westgate Bridge again, where you can get a clear view of the Pier. The Sun was still there just before 7pm but on my way back up just before 7:30pm, she was gone. So sad I didnt get a chance to say goodbye.

How is it possible to get so attached to a freakin SHIP! :rolleyes: :o

Oh it's very easy Tina, very easy indeed :D

Archived