3-4-5 day cruises to no longer be offered by Princess after March 18?

voljeep

Does this bother anyone who posts on these threads except me? Since we can drive to PE, they really have worked for us taking a 4 day spring cruise and a 4-5 day fall cruise instead of a 7 or 10 day cruise. We have a 5 day booked in March - will that be our last Princess cruise?? 3 short of Elite...:cool:

Just to be clear, Princess is offering plenty of short cruises after March, just none out of the port the OP uses.

It would be nice if there were some way to have topic titles corrected, since so many pass along false "facts."

P.S.: I feel for you, voljeep. If I were near a port I'd like to have the option of a shorty too, especially so close to Elite.

Jim

Wow, nothing at all on the east coast, except one lonely 5-night "getaway" from NYC. The west coast has always had the advantage of shorter cruises and many have taken advantage to rack up segments and Circle status. One year a while back Princess had a ton of these and was giving away FCC for value of the cruise. Crazy deal. We couldn't use it at the time, but I think that one deal was responsible for ballooning up the number of Elites and Platinums.

OTOH, this year they are having trouble selling some of the shorter cruises out of FLL/PE. I suppose that is storm-related, but they will have made their decisions on itineraries before this past hurricane season. I guess they are hoping folks will go 7-nights or more (there aren't even any 6-nighters) next fall/winter season.

Used to be a good deal to put together a couple of B2B's and get extra credits. I guess we will just have to get to Elite the hard way... but enjoy the journey.

PS - Looks like lots of choices for Australia market. Sigh.

Just to be clear, Princess is offering plenty of short cruises after March, just none out of the port the OP uses.

It would be nice if there were some way to have topic titles corrected, since so many pass along false "facts."

P.S.: I feel for you, voljeep. If I were near a port I'd like to have the option of a shorty too, especially so close to Elite.

Voljeep wanted to get attention by the wording I think as it is definitely misleading isn't it?

Pooh

Jim

Again, thanks Jim for the clarification:cool:

Voljeep wanted to get attention by the wording I think as it is definitely misleading isn't it?

Pooh

Sorry, but no Poohbie - I didn't consider the other ports and stand corrected:evilsmile:

why the personal attack?

Sorry, but no Poohbie - I didn't consider the other ports and stand corrected:evilsmile:

why the personal attack?

But if we're being a 100% truthful, having seen most of your posts over the last month, don't you personally attack others posts on a regular bases ?

just saying....

Srpilo

We made it to Elite faster than I thought we would thanks to being able to combine short cruises twice (once 3- and 4-day cruises into a week and once two 4-day cruises for a total of 8 days). Overall, though, I like taking longer cruises and not the short back-to-back ones.

Princess has apparently decided that the short cruises weren't as profitable. I know that for two of our cruises, we received a ton of onboard credit on top of a great price. It wasn't as good as the price of the cruise refunded toward another cruise, but still very nice for us.

But if we're being a 100% truthful, having seen most of your posts over the last month, don't you personally attack others posts on a regular bases ?

just saying....

Srpilo

Voljeep:

Didn't mean it as an attack at all(I looked at this post as I thought ALL shorter cruises had been stopped and wanted to see why) but since you took it that way I want to give you my apology. But I, too, have noticed recently a lot of your posts aren't in the most positive vein. I hope all is fine with you.

My husband`s mantra is "4 is too short and 6 is too many. We will miss the 5 day out of FLL. We live an hour away so it is easy to take a short cruise. I think short cruises out of Florida are relatively new, maybe 5 years, for Princess. We will miss them.

Voljeep:

Didn't mean it as an attack at all(I looked at this post as I thought ALL shorter cruises had been stopped and wanted to see why) but since you took it that way I want to give you my apology. But I, too, have noticed recently a lot of your posts aren't in the most positive vein. I hope all is fine with you.

No need to apologize, Pooh - I actually think you are one of the better posters on these threads. I came from another set of forums, non-cruise related, and my most vile post/attack? would rate about a 1.5 on a scale of 10 with ten being the string of direct personal attack using every word that even sailors don't use in front of their mamas.

As this board is different, I have tried to tone down my postings

Living on the west coast I usually do a 4 night cruise to Catalina every year. The usual prices has been $150 PP PD for a mini suite which I take , sometimes I'll upgrade to a suite. I have been looking at these 4 or 5 night cruises out of San Pedro and they are now $200 PP PD for a mini. Today's cyber sale is a joke. I'm sailing to Alaska out of San Pedro in April and paid $3100 PP for a mini that is on the cyber sale for $4099 today.

Watch the prices and don't be fooled by their pseudo sales. Another trick some cruises like to use is BOGO's but they've doubled the priced so it's no BOGO, Viking does this as their regular pricing.

Voljeeps, I too have found this site to be so helpful and love it here.

I didn't think about doing these short cruises when I lived in Boca Raton. We cruised kinda regularly but I was always looking for 10+ days because I love cruising. Never really was thinking about cruising levels with the cruiseline. But if number of cruises helps one rise, then it just makes sense to incorporate these smaller cruises, especially if I were still living close to PE instead of out here in Colorado. But now it is really just an easy SW flight to west coast where they still are doing the shorter cruises, right? Maybe if I ever get close to elite, I will be tempted to do a short cruise to put me over the top!!! My initial impression of shorter cruises are that they are teasers. I mean you just get settled in with a big sigh, and you have to get off!!!!!!!! Grin.

My husband`s mantra is "4 is too short and 6 is too many. We will miss the 5 day out of FLL. We live an hour away so it is easy to take a short cruise. I think short cruises out of Florida are relatively new, maybe 5 years, for Princess. We will miss them.

Whoa baby. That narrows his search criteria down.

I've always had trouble convincing DH to take the 5-day cruises because we have to fly to FLL, and with the added cost and hassle of flying didn't think 5 days worth it. However, I did sign us up for one in early January because it was fairly cheap, and airfare was only $80 each R/T, and its the cruise that FINALLY makes us Elite. Glad I was able to make one work for us before they go away.

Wow, nothing at all on the east coast, except one lonely 5-night "getaway" from NYC. The west coast has always had the advantage of shorter cruises and many have taken advantage to rack up segments and Circle status. One year a while back Princess had a ton of these and was giving away FCC for value of the cruise. Crazy deal. We couldn't use it at the time, but I think that one deal was responsible for ballooning up the number of Elites and Platinums.

OTOH, this year they are having trouble selling some of the shorter cruises out of FLL/PE. I suppose that is storm-related, but they will have made their decisions on itineraries before this past hurricane season. I guess they are hoping folks will go 7-nights or more (there aren't even any 6-nighters) next fall/winter season.

Used to be a good deal to put together a couple of B2B's and get extra credits. I guess we will just have to get to Elite the hard way... but enjoy the journey.

PS - Looks like lots of choices for Australia market. Sigh.

Steelers36,

By any chance were you on the Caribbean Princess 10/7/17 sailing? I was watching the Steelers play the Chiefs on deck next to a fan from Canada.

Would love to hear about the South america cruise as I considered it.

Ok, we will bite and answer the OP's question. No, we could care less about a 4-5 day cruise out of PE for a bunch of reasons. Itineraries on those short cruise are very limited. And the truth is we seldom consider cruises shorter than 14 days...and prefer even longer. So you asked...and we answered.

Hank

Ok, we will bite and answer the OP's question. No, we could care less about a 4-5 day cruise out of PE for a bunch of reasons. Itineraries on those short cruise are very limited. And the truth is we seldom consider cruises shorter than 14 days...and prefer even longer. So you asked...and we answered.

Hank

The only use I see in these short cruises is to try a ship or line I’m unsure about, or maybe if I can get a two night weekend away, but they tend to be....

A. Too short

B. Booze cruises.

Well. The 5-night cruises have proved an awesome getaway for a quickly cruise for another mom friend and I to soak up some Caribbean r-n-r without leaving our families for too long. I like the Princess product and will be sad if i can’t find one the next time I’m in the market for a quick trip. Strong as how this opportunity only presents itself every few years, I’m hopeful they will be back. I’m sure we could make a good time for ourselves on a Royal Caribbean ship, but that would not be my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I liked the short cruises as the first of a B2B or more, when flying from snow country in winter. If there is deep snow you might not get out for a couple of days and this way you just miss the intro, and get an insurance credit too. Maybe spend a couple of days in Fort Lauderdale. We have done exactly that.

The only use I see in these short cruises is to try a ship or line I’m unsure about, or maybe if I can get a two night weekend away, but they tend to be....

A. Too short

B. Booze cruises.

Yes, they are too short but when you are still working (not everyone on this board is retired) a 5-day trip is sometimes the only way to go.

I just got back from a 5 day and it was not a booze cruise.