Spa...teeth whitening

JGB

My (adult) son had this done while cruising. The procedure did work, brightened his teeth about 6 shades and looked great in the Elegant Evening photos. BUT for the rest of the week long cruise he could not drink coffee, red wine, or any of the colorful drinks, not even non-alcoholic ones. He also was told to avoid the sauces and gravies used on most of the main entrees and starters, and no pizza with sauce only the white pie.

For a $119 - 169, one would think that the treatment that they use would be less diet restrictive than the ones offered by most dentists for $69-99. I went to my dentist had the procedure done a week after my bi-annual cleaning and insurance covered it that I spent only $30. The procedure the dental hygienist used only put me on a diet restrictions for 72 hours rather than 6 days.

We made a bad choice and had teeth whitening done on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago.

The young lady who did the whitening was pleasant enough and our teeth were indeed brighter when she had finished.

Unfortunately so were out gums, which had been burned quite badly. They recovered in a week or two but it wasn’t a pleasant experience.

We thought about complaining but didn’t want to get the employee in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are several things offered in the spa that give me the creeps (due to the semi-invasive nature)...teeth whitening and acupuncture are at the top of the list.

I had acupuncture for arthritis in my left knee. Worked for 14 hours, no pain. Wish it lasted longer. Got a cortisone injection from my GP which did nothing. Then an orthopedic doc gave me one and it hasn't hurt bad since--4 months.

You do NOT want to do this on vacation...buy some Crest Whitestrips.....and make sure to use "sensitive toothpaste" while you're doing this....whitening can really cause MAJOR tooth pain/sensitivity.

Don't do what amounts to a medical procedure on a freaking cruise ship. That's insane.

Back in September, we took the embarkation day spay tour. We spoke to the lady that does the teeth whitening. She stated that she uses the teeth whitening procedure herself yet her teeth where a tan-ish color; they did not look white at all! We quickly passed on it.

Back in September, we took the embarkation day spay tour. We spoke to the lady that does the teeth whitening. She stated that she uses the teeth whitening procedure herself yet her teeth where a tan-ish color; they did not look white at all! We quickly passed on it.

Wow either it doesnt work or she has no idea how to do it. Either way good grief

I would never do a dental procedure(teeth whitening) on a cruise ship!

Acupuncture is totally different though and NOT invasive at all.

I would do it if I was in pain and wanted the pain to stop or lessen or if I had a fresh injury like an ankle sprain etc. since acupuncture works best if done immediately .