RCI Where to Snorkel Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba?

irishroverr

Klein Bonaire, the vessel Woodwind does it very well according to many reviewers. Klein is about 1 mile off Bonaire and visible as you come into port. It is possible to do a bit of Klein on your own using the water taxi...

Excursions provided by the ship list Double dip snorkel for Bonaire... Looks like they go to Klein island via the boat sea cow. Labeled as an experienced snorkel venture which would be nice... I would rather be in the water snorkeling than listening to an hour safety training lesson.

Would it be better to use the water taxi and go on our own? for Bonaire?

Edited by irishroverr

We tried to book the sea cow excursion and they wouldn't let my better half in... she is over 70 ... we have zip lined , snuba... snorkel all over the us and Caribbean and never had a problem. Is this a RCI restriction or is it vendor related to the sea cow?

Thanks everyone, Looks like the current plan is Bonaire and pick up the water taxi. From what I read in other areas of this forum, for an extra fee, you can have the water taxi drop you off and drift back to the beach where the taxi's pick you up and drop you off on Klein. Much better as we can do what we want and take our time :)

Great shore snorkeling right from around Bonaire! We haven't been to Klein Bonaire due to weather last time we were in Bonaire, but did go to Eden Beach. Went there before on another cruise and LOVED it. We also went to Aruba and Curacao and loved the shore snorkeling there, too. I blogged about it with lots of pictures Here

Love to snorkel but not sure what ports we should plan it for. Curacao ( willemstad ) Bonaire ( Kralendijk ) and Aruba ( Oranjestad )

Excrusions or on our own? Recommendations?

Since you are on Royal, I thought I'd relate my own experiences. I've had some issues with Royal and their excursions in general, so I prefer to go private. Last January I was scheduled to cruise on Adventure to Bonaire. I knew I wanted to dive there. Every time I checked, up till about 30 days before my cruise Royal had 0 scuba offerings in this port. I like to plan ahead, so I booked with VIP diving in February and was done with it. Right before our cruise suddenly offerings appeared, but I had already booked mine. I enjoyed VIP.

• 3 weeks later...

Recap... ended up getting on the seacow which does the south side of Klein Bonaire. One of the tour operators said it's much better than the side the water taxi drops you at ( north side, no name beach ) so we were very happy with the excursion. Next visit we will go off ourselves and go from shore on bonaire. I have the ebook written about snorkeling bonaire and find it's very good.