Celebrity Beyond start 2019???

Celebrity Liner

Hey Guy´s

I wrote a bit today with celebrity on Facebook. And they said Celebrity Beyond will start in 2019. I thought it would not start until 2020

The original Jan 2017 press release from Celebrity stated that Beyond would be delivered in Spring 2020, not started in 2020. A ship needs over a year to construct. For delivery in spring 2020, the construction must begin in early 2019. Nothing in your information means anything has changed.

"MIAMI, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- To kick off the New Year in style, Celebrity Cruises is announcing an exclusive partnership with design icon Nate Berkus, naming him Design Ambassador for the brand's newest class of ships – Edge Class.....

......Edge Class is Celebrity's first new ship class in nearly a decade, succeeding the brand's revolutionary Solstice Class. The company expects delivery of Celebrity Edge in Fall 2018. Celebrity Beyond is scheduled for delivery in Spring 2020, and the third and fourth Edge Class ships in Fall 2021 and Fall 2022, respectively."

• 2 weeks later...

Seems they will be including the Magic Carpet on Beyond..without seeing how it works on on EDGE.,..guess that would be a huge deal to change that out but would love to see something different in its place.

Seems they will be including the Magic Carpet on Beyond..without seeing how it works on on EDGE.,..guess that would be a huge deal to change that out but would love to see something different in its place.

I see no reason why they would not include it in all the Edge class ships. It is a signature feature that the Edge class is designed around. It would make no sense to eliminate it on the rest of the ships in that class.

I see no reason why they would not include it in all the Edge class ships. It is a signature feature that the Edge class is designed around. It would make no sense to eliminate it on the rest of the ships in that class.
correct. the MC is what the Edge class is all about.

correct. the MC is what the Edge class is all about.

With due respect ... if the Magic Carpet is "what the Edge class is all about" I would suggest that Celebrity is in trouble. The new design of the ship (spine vs. the old exoskeleton) was to (mostly) support the "Infinite Veranda" staterooms? This seems to be the most innovative change and the feature might appeal the most to consumers??

With due respect ... if the Magic Carpet is "what the Edge class is all about" I would suggest that Celebrity is in trouble. The new design of the ship (spine vs. the old exoskeleton) was to (mostly) support the "Infinite Veranda" staterooms? This seems to be the most innovative change and the feature might appeal the most to consumers??

the MC is what people will see. It is the hallmark feature. No one will break out the plans and do a structural analysis of how it is built.