Cuba affidavit

Plar

we have booked a cruise on sky for December 11th to Cuba. Apparently we need to fill out an affidavit before we sail, the form requires us to check a box stating reason to visit. We are taking an excursion thru the cruise line. Does anyone know which box to check?

Educational Exchange - People to People (515-565b) is what we checked in August. We went on NCL excursions. Has NCL updated their instructions since the new OFAC “rules” came out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I contacted NCL regarding our upcoming cruise to Cuba on 12/11. This is their response:

All of our cruises to, and shore excursions in, Cuba are in full compliance with regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"), and the new guidelines set forth.

We are delighted our guests will continue to have the opportunity to experience the wonderful culture and incredible history of Cuba along with the warmth and friendliness of the Cuban people through OFAC-compliant shore excursions that help promote people-to-people contact with the Cuban people, an opportunity that was restricted for over fifty years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We checked 515 565 (b) educational exchange people to people. Also we called NCL & prepaid for our visa’s. $75.00 per person. They will be provided when we check in at the port. I assume you can pay when you check in but I’m not 100% sure.

We checked 515 565 (b) educational exchange people to people. Also we called NCL & prepaid for our visa’s. $75.00 per person. They will be provided when we check in at the port. I assume you can pay when you check in but I’m not 100% sure.

We were charged immediately. We booked through a TA; the visa shows up as a separate charge from the cruise fare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums