Best time to visit?

Banana15

We are currently looking at booking a trip for 2019. Norwegian has not yet released their itineraries for that time, but that is the cruise line we intend to use. For 2018 they have availability for April, May, and June (As far as times we would want to go). I was reading that I the water temps don’t get warm until mid June. Is that accurate? FWIW: I am a brat about water and don’t like it even a little cold.

However, I also want to avoid the schools all being out and the ship being full of kids. So, is late May or early June realistic as far as less kids and decent water temps?

We are currently looking at booking a trip for 2019. Norwegian has not yet released their itineraries for that time, but that is the cruise line we intend to use. For 2018 they have availability for April, May, and June (As far as times we would want to go). I was reading that I the water temps don’t get warm until mid June. Is that accurate? FWIW: I am a brat about water and don’t like it even a little cold.

However, I also want to avoid the schools all being out and the ship being full of kids. So, is late May or early June realistic as far as less kids and decent water temps?

Mid June is your best bet for decent water temps. Even the first week in June the water might be little on the cooler side. Mid June and before is realistic for less kids but if you go on NCL any time there are going to be more kids than on Celebrity. The NCL ships are geared for kids so it attracts more families with kids than Celebrity or HAL.

I am thinking of going in late September. Is the water temperature still warm or would it be too cold for swimming

I think the water is still warm in September. The only reason I don't want to do September is because of the hurricane risk...otherwise it'd probably be great since the temps are warm and the kids are all in school.

I think the water is still warm in September. The only reason I don't want to do September is because of the hurricane risk...otherwise it'd probably be great since the temps are warm and the kids are all in school.

Thanks. It seems like we like to cruise during hurricane season. We have been lucky so far.

Thanks. It seems like we like to cruise during hurricane season. We have been lucky so far.

I actually got married on a ship in September....I didn't really think it through until it was too late. Fortunately, no hurricane while we were sailing, but we did get a good amount of rain. Hurricane Joaquin was a few days after we got back, so I guess now I'm just too chicken to even consider booking in August to October.

It's definitely cheaper and much less crowded though.