Cave tubing from Harvest Caye?

dalmoradie

Are there Cave tubing trips originating from Harvest Caye or Placencia?

I was in Belize a few years back and booked a cave tubing trip, but our bus broke down so we were not able to do it. I am on the Getaway in November with Harvest Caye as a port of call and would be so happy if I can finally do the cave tubing.

Shoreexcursioner offered a cave tubing excursion from Harvest Caye along the Rio Grande. I don't think it's available any more. The river is about an hour's bus ride from the pick up once you've taken the small tender from Harvest Caye to the mainland. You can reach out to Shoreexcursioner and see if they are offering it again.

Are there Cave tubing trips originating from Harvest Caye or Placencia?

I was in Belize a few years back and booked a cave tubing trip, but our bus broke down so we were not able to do it. I am on the Getaway in November with Harvest Caye as a port of call and would be so happy if I can finally do the cave tubing.

My husband and I are sailing Getaway next week! We are booked (with NCL) to do the river tubing. Rafting was also available. The description doesn't say whether or not it is "cave tubing," so I'm not sure. I thought that the cave tubing was only offered out of Belize City, but our excursion is 5 1/2 hours so it could be? I guess it is popular enough that NCL decided to add it as an excursion for both ports - Harvest Caye and Belize City - possibly. Either way we're floating down a river, and it'll be fun! My fingers are crossed that it is for both of us. ;)

My husband and I are sailing Getaway next week! We are booked (with NCL) to do the river tubing. Rafting was also available. The description doesn't say whether or not it is "cave tubing," so I'm not sure. I thought that the cave tubing was only offered out of Belize City, but our excursion is 5 1/2 hours so it could be? I guess it is popular enough that NCL decided to add it as an excursion for both ports - Harvest Caye and Belize City - possibly. Either way we're floating down a river, and it'll be fun! My fingers are crossed that it is for both of us. ;)

Please do let me know how it goes! thanks.

• 5 months later...

When we were there, it had rained too much up in the mountains, so that excursion got canceled.  It was very disappointing, but we did the mangrove river boat cruise with that same company and had a lot of fun.

I do NOT believe that it is cave tubing.  It just takes that long to get there and back, as it is on the mainland if you are docked in Harvest Caye.  If Belize City is on your itinerary, cave tubing should be offered as an excursion.