Choose a hotel

psosebee

Cruise in August & trying to book a room for night before. Looking @ Double tree grand Hilton Biscayne Bay or Best Western Premier.

Reviews of Hilton say it's old, and other not so great reviews. BW says location not safe to walk @ night & I can't even remember the other reviews. I've read so many reviews on different sites that I can't even recall which hotel is Satan's daughter or what hotels promise to make you sleep like a cherub.

It's myself & sister so would prefer a somewhat safe environment. Comfortable beds, clean room & not have to worry about 3rd world diseases from nastiness. While also not paying through the nose for 1 night.

Ease of getting from airport & to the port via shuttle or Uber would be nice. We also would like to explore a little & eat a decent meal the night before embarking. We will take Uber or taxi somewhere fairly close to hotel. It will be a Friday night so I will also need to keep that in mind.

If I'm looking @ wrong places please advise & will look elsewhere.

Thank you in advance for guidance.

Psosebee

Obviously my attempt @ humor did not relay very well via text.

I would think that the previous line "Satan's daughter" would imply the intended humor.

In no way was there any intent of hurting any feelings. No intention of bashing anyone including our President.

All I would like is some first hand experience of the area. My eyes are tired & reviews are either 5 stars or 1 star.

Thank you for your response.

Look at the Hampton Inn Brickell. It is a moderate hotel in a safe area, close walking distance to tons of shopping, dining, attractions, a short cab ride to the port, and includes breakfast.

You need to be very careful about cheap hotels in Miami.

As locals, we can refer to it as Third World Infectious Diseases because we put up with it but as outsiders you can't.

Kind of like you can beat up your little brother every day if you want to but God forgive the person outside my family that does.

Oh my, I didn't even think about this when I posted that. I apologize!

I was thinking more of Slumdog Millionaire type nastiness. The garbage & filth depicted in the film, not of people.

Thank you for the response & for understanding that I really didn't think before posting that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

I stayed at the Doubletree in January. We had a bayfront room with a balcony. The room huge and very clean. Front desk was friendly and when they learned it was my birthday they gave us a bottle of wine. There is a mini mall between the Doubletree and Marriott. We just ate there. We didn't venture out of the hotel to see if there was anywhere to shop. Took a cab from the airport and to the port.

They don't have any rooms available for my January cruise so I am staying at the Hampton Inn. I like Hilton properties.

There are many other hotels in downtown Miami and I also second the recommendation of Hampton Inn.

Nice location.

Near Mary Brickell Village and Brickell Centre with lots of restaurants and shopping.

Has a nice breakfast and even a reception in the evening.

Keith

Doubletree is in a quieter area of downtown (mostly condos), but there are several nearby local dining options and, as mentioned above, some rooms offer a view of the port if that appeals to you (it does to me! :D).

Unless you are arriving late and just want a room I would avoid any hotels near MIA airport and focus your search on downtown Miami. Easy taxi/Uber ride from MIA to your hotel and an even shorter ride to the port the next morning.