Requesting a meeting room

Markanddonna

I asked NCL a few months ago about the possibility of scheduling a meeting room on a transatlantic sailing. I even offered to open up the topic for all the ship's passengers, with the topic "Crossing the Pond to Find Your Ancestors" (genealogy.) I have expertise in this area, have done that exact thing, and am returning to Europe on this sailing to visit my cousins again. I've also given this presentation to community groups before.

We have a number of people sailing on this ship who want to attend.

At first, they wrote to tell them when, what time and how many people, then a new person took over the communication (title from a different ship), and then she rejected my offer and said it could only be for our group. Then, she mixed up the date. When I corrected that, she then rejected the whole proposal saying "We allow only one cruise critic meeting a sailing."

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? RCL let CC have a meeting room every day at 2PM for RLC. I wasn't asking for the theatre, just a meeting room. Their communication seems unreasonable, confused and rude.

Donna

Edited by Markanddonna

NCL is losing out by ignoring your request. The topic is very interesting and folks are always looking for learning opportunities on a TA crossing. If, I were on that sailing, I would certainly attend.

I noticed on many cruises, the meeting room is always empty.. I know it may not be the right thing to do, but i think it might be better if setup your meeting improv. just tell everyone attending to be at the meeting room at that date/time.

Are you on the Breakaway April 2018 TA? If so, another person from our group booked a meeting room for us to use to play games each day. That may be why you were denied. Once we are onboard you could perhaps arrange a time to do your presentation in the same room. Check the roll call for details.

If you go to NCL's website, near the bottom of the page under "EXPLORE" is a link "Meetings & Incentives". This will lead you to the page with the contact information for the people who will grant you access to the Meeting Rooms onboard your sailing.

If you go to NCL's website, near the bottom of the page under "EXPLORE" is a link "Meetings & Incentives". This will lead you to the page with the contact information for the people who will grant you access to the Meeting Rooms onboard your sailing.

This is the Jade. I went this official route and it spiraled down from there.

This is the Jade. I went this official route and it spiraled down from there.

You say "we" and talk about "our group" in your original post. Yet their answer seemed to mention Cruise Critic as the group. Do you actually have a group (registered through the Groups Department) or is this just something you're trying to do from your Roll Call?

If you've booked a group, or if you've booked corporate space, your assigned coordinator will take care of reserving the room space. However, if you're just trying to do something on your own, or for your Roll Call, or other social media group, they aren't going to give you the space. The only thing NCL does outside of Groups/Corporate is to host the Meet & Greet for Cruise Critic Roll Calls...but only once per cruise.

They now offered me a room, but I have to pay $50 for media setup even though I wrote that I needed no AV. This is a subgroup of Cruise Critic- one of the scheduled activities like cabin crawl. LRC, knitting group, etc.

• 5 years later...

Thank you for your post. I have had the same huge frustrations with cruise lines. In particular I have tried to have Christian groups on the calendar of events. I get nowhere. Princess has become my #1 because they always put Christian group on the calendar and we had an amazing experience with 50 people.

I don't like that we are relegated to the few activities they deem important when there are people like you and me that could teach such an interesting class free if they would just support us!!!

By the way, I'm a huge genealogy fan as well.

• Haha 1