Changes to Pacific Dawn Dates???

howsthis

Does anyone know for sure about the changes (already!) to Pacific Dawns cruises next year? I too am wondering how they know this far ahead that they will be a few days late with refurbishments. Seems a bit strange. I hope the 75th Anniv cruise isn't postponed.

Yeh i noticed they changed dawns dates. It seems they have gotten rid of the melbourne cup cruise. So maybe its just sun doing it. I have no idea how popular they are so maybe there isnt a need for two boats to do it? One of the cruises in Jan 2008 on dawn is also different on the po site. Dont know why they have changed that.:confused:

I went into a TA today (not the one I booked through) to try & get hold of the new brochure. They didn't have it but the TA asked me when I was thinking about going. I told her that I was already booked on 75th Anniversary cruise on the Dawn and she said to me "I'd be contacting P&O if I were you. I heard that one has been cancelled." I have tonight emailed P&O so let's keep our fingers crossed that she has been mislead.

Karen

Bummer, there will be plenty of disappointed cruise critic people out there if it is true.

Not just cruise critic people either. The TA today told me that this has been an extremely popular cruise. When I explained to her that the 1st cruise had been delayed & the 2nd (Melbourne Cup) cancelled, she said maybe she had missunderstood P&O. Let's hope so.

Karen

. It seems they have gotten rid of the melbourne cup cruise. So maybe its just sun doing it. I have no idea how popular they are so maybe there isnt a need for two boats to do it?

I think the Melbourne Cup Cruises are very popular.In 99 we did one on Norwegian Star when it was downunder.Berthed alongside was Fair Princess and both ships were full.It is a great way to do the Cup and have a floating Hotel in Melbourne for a few days.

Good morning,

Just for the info of those booked on the Dawn, have a look at http://www.sydneyports.com.au/Cruising/CruiseSchedule.asp

It has all the movements of ships arriving and departing right up until August 2008. It appears it was updated as recently as September. The Dawn looks to be arriving on the 16Oct 2006 at the Overseas terminal ( the Rocks), staying there for three days, going somewhere for 4 days??? then returning on the 23rd for three days, going soemwhere for 2 days then returning for 2 days (30th oct) going by this scchedule boths ships are booked into berths, the Sun and Dawn for the Melbourne Cup cruise, Dawn leaving from Overseas Passenger terminal, and the Sun from Wharf 8 Darling Harbour.

Have a look, if anyone else can make sense of it let us know!!!

Cheryl

mmmmm. Very strange. But it doesn't concide with P&O's website. According to P&O it will leave Sydney on 1st Nov & return on 9th Nov. As for the Melbourne Cup cruise, that has definately been cancelled as my cousin was booked on it and has been transferred to the Sun.

Karen

Hi Karen

Is a bit strange! I always look at that site to see if there are any boats docked when I go to Sydney!! and I noticed the Dawn looked to be in and out of the berth. I'm not booked till 2008! but I think if I was I would like to know if I was still going!!! Well.... as long as it's there for Tahiti!!

Cheryl

Have just received a reply from Carnival. Must admit, I'm impressed at how quickly I got it. Only sent the email last night.

Dear Karen ,

Thank you for emailing Carnival Australia.

I am happy advise that our 75th anniversary cruise departing the 9th of November 2007 on the Pacific Dawn is still planned to

go ahead, the travel agent may have been confused with the 1st of November cruise which has been postponed by 4 days now

departing on the 1st of November for 8 nights.

I have also taken the liberty to send you a copy of our second addition brochure to your home address.

If you have any further queries please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69 or your local travel agent.

Guess we can relax now.

Karen

I just had a look at that site aswell and noticed that the 75th anniv cruise will leave from the O'seas terminal and then all the following cruises are leaving from Wharf 8, Darling Harbour? I thought the Dawn was to big to fit under the Harbour Bridge.

Karen

Apparently it just scrapes through.

Karen

:eek: .....

So, it looks like we get to :eek: "just scrape":eek: under the Harbour Bridge after all.:D

According to the Sydney Ports website we will be embarking from O'Seas terminal and disembarking from Wharf 8, Darling Harbour.:D

Karen

:eek: .....

So, it looks like we get to :eek: "just scrape":eek: under the Harbour Bridge after all.:D

According to the Sydney Ports website we will be embarking from O'Seas terminal and disembarking from Wharf 8, Darling Harbour.:D

Karen

My post didn't show up.

Yeh, we get the best of both worlds . Sailing from Circular Quay should be pretty spectacular. Sailing under the bridge on the way home thoug won't be quite the same as sailing under it on our way out.

Karen

I loved leaving from Circular quay all those years ago on the Fairstar!! Standing on deck and looking at the Opera House and the ferries!! Yeah, you guys get to do both!!!! Lucky she fits under the bridge!!

Maybe when the Dawn is in dock for a couple of days they will have naming celebrations and TA's going over her??? She also might be doing a couple of "cruises to nowhere"?? Who knows? At least those that are booked on the 75th Anniversary are ok.

Went to a couple of TA's today for the new brochure, no one has it up here yet??

Cheryl

I suspect P&O will get all the Travel Agents, media etc on those first couple of weeks before her official program starts.

Im pretty sure they will ramp up the marketing big time. Nothing better than a free cruise to get free positive advertising from all the Ta's. With 3 ships they need make sure those cabins are full.

It will be interesting to see what happens.......

Peter

Thank you guys for checking all that stuff, I have no idea where to look to found out stuff and was planning on talking to TA tomorrow, better face to face than the phone. I hope our cruise isn't changed, we are so looking forward to it, my hubby for the first time and it would be a shame if its postponed because he might not be able to get the time off. Anyway, fingers crossed that Nov 9 will still stay the same.

howsthis

November 9th is looking good!! Glad I could be of some help!! Don't know what I am going to do on this forum for 19 months:eek: till our cruise:) .

Everyone will be sick of me counting down the months then days!

I will just enjoy everyone elses excitement and reviews!!

Cheryl

Hi Everyone,

We were on Regal (Soon to be Dawn) and were expecting to make the grand entrance into Circular Quay but to our surprise we kept going around to Darling harbour. Family had to make a dash around to meet us. When they say it just scrapes under, thats definetly what it feels like. We were up the top deck at daybreak and there doesnt feel like more than foot between the bridge and the top of the ship -of course there's actually plenty of room - but it's an excellent, excellent experience. Cant wait to do it again. You just HAVE to be on the top deck to experience this.

Karen

Don't know what I am going to do on this forum for 19 months:eek: till our cruise:) .

Cheryl

Oh Cheryl,

I'm sure there is heaps you can do on this forum. As an experienced cruiser you can help us to answer the many questions. Also this is the best place to count down the days because we all understand what it is like and won't get annoyed with you!

See like this, we have only 23 weeks and 1 day to go til our cruise next Easter!!:p BTW did everyone know it is only 60 days to Christmas (http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html).:eek:

Cheers,

Chaz:)

howsthis

November 9th is looking good!! Glad I could be of some help!! Don't know what I am going to do on this forum for 19 months:eek: till our cruise:) .

Cheryl

Cheryl, you are braver than I am being prepared to wait 19 months!! I keep looking at that days counter of mine and it seems so long away but is only just over 12 months away. I can't resist checking this forum every couple of days just in case I miss something. It does give us a 'kick' of excitement sharing other cruisers stories and pics etc. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner so I guess time is going quicker than I expected!!

Hi again howsthis!!

Yes, it is a long way away!! Just booked it cause I always wanted to go to Tahiti and never could afford it, it's so expensive for the accommodation there! This way we get to visit heaps of other places as well.

I can't complain about the wait though, went on the Sun in March, South America in April and have booked three weeks in Thailand for April 2007!!

Then I have 12 months till Tahiti!! Plus I get to spend it with my best girlfriend, we are so looking forward to it!

Chez

Archived