Chops and diet restrictions

New Chops menu, they took away the NY Strip, Porterhouse and Rib Eye and replaced with the sirloin and short ribs, if you want the NY Strip there is an additional fee of 18 for that and the Porterhouse additional fee of 19...ok they cutting back a lot I see...

They changed the sides took away the baked potato and this other potato dish and replaced it with cheese gator tots and mashed potatoes...they also have creamed spinach.

I can't have dairy and curious whether they can make me plain tator tots and plain spinach anybody have similar problem and asked for these sides to be dairy free and have gotten it?

Edited by lyndamr

The menu change is only a test and is only on the Navigator.

My wife has a dairy allergy and we have always had wonderful service at Chops. We go the day before our reservation and ask to speak with the Chef and let him know of the restrictions that my wife has. They are very accommodating.

When did Royal Caribbbean sell the company to Luby's Cafeteria????

What a lousy decision/experiment!

If that is the route RCI goes with Chops, they might as well turn the space into extra storage....what a lousy idea!

And there is probably some bean counter, in Miami, dreaming of the massive bonus he or she is going to get for this truly stupid idea!!!!

New Chops menu, they took away the NY Strip, Porterhouse and Rib Eye and replaced with the sirloin and short ribs, if you want the NY Strip there is an additional fee of 18 for that and the Porterhouse additional fee of 19...ok they cutting back a lot I see...

They changed the sides took away the baked potato and this other potato dish and replaced it with cheese gator tots and mashed potatoes...they also have creamed spinach.

I can't have dairy and curious whether they can make me plain tator tots and plain spinach anybody have similar problem and asked for these sides to be dairy free and have gotten it?

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

If that is the route RCI goes with Chops, they might as well turn the space into extra storage....what a lousy idea!

And there is probably some bean counter, in Miami, dreaming of the massive bonus he or she is going to get for this truly stupid idea!!!!

Agree; for $15 less can't you get an 8 oz filet at Giovanni's? Why would I pay $35 when I can pay $20 for the same thing? This is the first opportunity for us to try Chops and after reviewing the menu there is NO WAY we'll go there. I am very disappointed. It would be nice if they changed it back before 3/30!

Edited by Shekim

We have two reservations on our upcoming cruise, going to try it out but really considering cancelling the second reservation. They also took away the creme brulee, which was my favorite dessert. I am sure there are several things on the new menu that will be very nice, but tater tots? really?

From the recent reports they have also done away with the tablecloths, and seem to be staffing it lighter as most have reported waiters being rushed and serving more tables.

If I am paying extra for the dining it should not be a more casual experience than the dining room, just my 2 cents.

LOVE it!!!!!

I am a long ago retired executive from the private sector. but being a top executive had to deal with the "Bean counters" ... you are so right; they do not have any ides of any ramification of their suggestions. BUT, I say, where are the "capable executives" at RCCL ?????

Herb :confused:

Really, with all the changes they keep implementing to make being on their ships less and less of a special experience, they should just go ahead and make the final change: the name to "Common Caribbean".