Kotor, Split, Koper - Thoughts?

Has anyone travelled to Kotor, Montenegro, Split, Croatia or Koper, Slovenia? If so, what were your thoughts?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

beautiful places

visited Kotor and Koper on 2016 Med cruise and Split the previous year

links to my reviews are below my signature

Has anyone travelled to Kotor, Montenegro, Split, Croatia or Koper, Slovenia? If so, what were your thoughts?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

All 3 ports were on our 2013 Silhouette cruise.

In Kotor we climbed over 1200 steps to the fort for amazing views- bring water. There is a church about a third of the way up outside of which water was for sale. We were so thirsty that we didn't even realize we could go inside the church. The beer at a local tavern after our descent was one of the best ever!

Split Croatia we joined with a couple from our roll call who rented a car and we drove to Krka National park where we saw beautiful waterfalls as we walked the paths there.

A private tour with roll call members from Koper led us to Lake Bled, a hike through the Vintgar gorge (http://www.vintgar.si/?lang=en) and then to Ljubljana, the capitol city of Slovenia.

I am so glad we took that cruise, because in addition to the above ports, we visited Ravenna, Bari, Dubrovnik, Corfu and Valletta, which are not often visited by cruise ships. In every one of them, we found unique experiences.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All three ports were on our Westerdam cruise that just ended May 9. We loved all three ports, and were very pleased with the tours that we chose.

In Kotor we used Montenegro M Tours, and our driver was Mladen, the owner. We had a fantastic day! Here is a link to my blog post from Kotor:

http://theworldthroughmylens.blog/2017/05/21/the-wow-factor/

We also had fantastic tours in Split and Koper. Unfortunately, I do not have those posts written yet. In Split we used Urban Adventures for a Secrets of Split walking tour. Our guide was terrific, and we really enjoyed the day.

We used Roundabout Travel for a tour in Koper to the caves and to the Lipica stud farm to see the stallions and a performance of the riding school. It was a great day, and we didn't have to spend as much time in the car as the people who went to Lake Bled. (We were visiting after the cruise and we knew we would get there later, so we opted to do something different).I highly recommend both of those tours. Here are the website links:

http://www.urbanadventures.com/destination/Split-tours

http://www.travel-slovenia.com/shore-excursions/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Out of Venice we did all three ports in Croatia, also Slovenia and Montenegro, the last two weeks on Celebrity Constellation. Amazing area to visit. In addition to M Tours that Cindy mentioned, we took the Game of Thrones tour in Dubrovnik which was quite good too. See tourthegameofthrones dot com it was great! We did a Celebrity ship tour in Slovenia which was OK but we prefer private tours. We also stopped in Naples and Messina Sicily and did private tours there.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All 3 ports are terrific.

Be sure to watch the sail-in to Kotor if you can-- stunning. That whole area is beautiful, the town included. Walk up the mountain if you can.

Kyrka National Park is outstanding. We were there for about 4 hours-- could happily have spent a whole day.

Can't remember what we did in Koper, but remember loving the area.

Edited by poss