7 hours to blow in Miami after cruise. Any suggestuons?

Cakediva1

I will be disembarking at the Port of Miami the day after Thanksgiving ( Black Friday) and have about 6-7 hours to blow and wondering what to do! I can hang out at the Delta Sky Club at the airport but that makes a long day. Any suggestions? I'm traveling solo. Thanks in advance!

see if the cruise line has any tours you can take they usually drop you at the airport after the tour

Take the HOHO bus they will store your luggage & drop you at the airport

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/ship-to-shore-miami

look for a day room at a hotel & enjoy the pool & other services

go to South beach there was mention of a place to store your bags while you enjoy the area

6pm

We also have a late flight......7:30 pm so we were also looking for something to do before our flight time

We looked at the Miami bus tours that drop you off at the airport but they are only 1 1/2 hours long which still leaves a lot of time to kill......

Checking the different threads to see if there are any other options.....

Edited by queen of cruising
wanted to add something more

I also have the same problem/opportunity. We have an NCL cruise in April from Miami. Flight home is from FLL at 7:30pm. Family of 4 with 2 kids so we need something to do. I priced a rental minivan through Costco travel (using Budget) for $54 with pickup in Miami and return at FLL. We might do the Miami Zoo or Seaquarium.

Uber to South Beach and store your bags at the Luggage Lounge - then you are free to explore: lunch, people watching, art-deco architecture, etc. When it is time to head to the MIA airport you can either Uber or ride the Airport Flyer bus (about $3 each).

MIA is about 15-20 min drive from Port Miami.

If you want to stay near the airport there is a very large outlet mall called Dolphin Mall nearby which is typically frequented by many tourists, however you may want to avoid that on Black Friday as it will probably be packed.

However, I would recommend grabbing a nice lunch in South Beach or Coral Gables area and have a stroll admiring the architecture and what not. Just try to relax and not choose something that will be time crunching.

Definitely wouldn't recommend Miami Seaquarium. Zoo Miami is nice but further south from the airport.

I also have the same problem/opportunity. We have an NCL cruise in April from Miami. Flight home is from FLL at 7:30pm. Family of 4 with 2 kids so we need something to do. I priced a rental minivan through Costco travel (using Budget) for $54 with pickup in Miami and return at FLL. We might do the Miami Zoo or Seaquarium.

Zoo Miami is a fantastic zoo but it’s a drive south from the port and in the wrong direction. If you are traveling on a week day, rush hour traffic starts early.

Seaquarium is okay but not really worth the money.

An Everglades airboat ride may be a fun idea. The Science Museum in downtown Miami is incredible.

You may also want to head up to Fort Lauderdale and check out things to do up that way. Otherwise if you are driving up during the week, you will need to head out of downtown Miami by 3:30 or not be in bumper to bumper traffic!

We also have a late flight......7:30 pm so we were also looking for something to do before our flight time

We looked at the Miami bus tours that drop you off at the airport but they are only 1 1/2 hours long which still leaves a lot of time to kill......

Checking the different threads to see if there are any other options.....

I did the hop on/hop off tour many times. It is a very nice tour and they do store your luggage. I thought about taking the shuttle to FLL and go to the Imax. I've done this many many times and it was always enjoyable. Since I am flying out on Black Friday, I am afraid of getting stuck in traffic and missing my flight! lol

Zoo Miami is a fantastic zoo but it’s a drive south from the port and in the wrong direction. If you are traveling on a week day, rush hour traffic starts early.

Seaquarium is okay but not really worth the money.

An Everglades airboat ride may be a fun idea. The Science Museum in downtown Miami is incredible.

You may also want to head up to Fort Lauderdale and check out things to do up that way. Otherwise if you are driving up during the week, you will need to head out of downtown Miami by 3:30 or not be in bumper to bumper traffic!

Thanks!

I was afraid of being stuck in traffic on top of it being a major shopping holiday. Looks like I may hang out at the Delta Sky Club

Thanks!

I was afraid of being stuck in traffic on top of it being a major shopping holiday. Looks like I may hang out at the Delta Sky Club

I would dump my bags, hop on the Airport Flyer to South Beach, have a long, leisurely, boozy people watching brunch, then shop on Lincoln Road Mall and Washington, then Uber back to the airport late afternoon.

Does your cruise line offer the service where you can check your bags and they take them directly to the airport?

Another thing you can do which is in Brickell and close to the port and not far from the airport is spend some time at Brickell Citi Centre. Shopping, dining, a nail spa and a amazing movie theater. There would be enough to keep you busy for quite a while and it won't be crowded.

I'll be walking around there on black Friday!

I would suggest having your uber/taxi take 112 into the airport and not go on the 836 at all. You will save yourself some traffic.

I would dump my bags, hop on the Airport Flyer to South Beach, have a long, leisurely, boozy people watching brunch, then shop on Lincoln Road Mall and Washington, then Uber back to the airport late afternoon.

Hmmm that sounds kinda nice!

Does your cruise line offer the service where you can check your bags and they take them directly to the airport?

Another thing you can do which is in Brickell and close to the port and not far from the airport is spend some time at Brickell Citi Centre. Shopping, dining, a nail spa and a amazing movie theater. There would be enough to keep you busy for quite a while and it won't be crowded.

I'll be walking around there on black Friday!

I would suggest having your uber/taxi take 112 into the airport and not go on the 836 at all. You will save yourself some traffic.

Thanks Carolyn!!

• 2 weeks later...

My issue--I'm coming into Miami on Sun--return on THURSDAY--is what to do with the luggage. I looked at a bunch of tours and it seems almost all of them specifically state "we cannot carry luggage..."/etc.

We won't have a LOT, but we will have a couple of carry on sized bags. Someone mentioned a luggage drop. I need some more details on that.....

(I don't think RCCL has the feature of sending our luggage on to the airport for us--maybe if I bought the transportation package?)

THANKS!