Ghostly images on printed photo

I have taken thousands of photos on my 20+ cruises but nothing like this has showed up. Note: I used a Fuji point and shoot camera. Nothing fancy, no extra lenses etc.

I was in Sitka on July 28th of this year and took four photos of St. Michael's Cathedral. The church was originally built between 1844 and 1848. It was destroyed by fire on January 2, 1966 and rebuilt.

Anyway, I had hard copies make of the four photos and when I looked at them I noticed one had very visible images of two human figures near the steeple - it was as it one figure was holding the second figure whose arms were held high in the air.near the large dome. In the bottom corner of the photo I can see shadowy figures of a man looking my way and behind him two ladies with black English Bonnets.

I sent the photo to the current Father of the Cathedral and he's to get back to me.

Does anyone know to whom I can send my photo to get 'expert' advice on what I can see.

Thank you.

I also would like to know what the Father says.

Let us know if you hear from him.

I'll let you know but I don't want to bother him yet. I'll contact him again in December. In the meantime I'm going to send him a hard copy 8 X 10 print as you see more than on the downloaded photo.

I had something similar, in a way, happen to me. Years ago I was on vacation. I went to take a few consecutive pictures of someone that was with me. All within 60 seconds. One picture came out with someone looking right into my camera. As soon as I took the picture I knew something else was on the photograph. It takes up 90% of my picture.

• 2 weeks later...