Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:18 PM.
Maine
1,246 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Thank you all for the info. I have put one of those net/bug hats on my amazon list [will look in stores around here too]. Yes will be there xmas/new years 2018/19

We bought the Princess pre-cruise tour so they are transporting us all over. So yes, flying alot. Didnt look into how long the flights would be yet but great to know. WOW, that changes my thoughts on times, but is EXACTLY what I was asking about.

Cairns overnight then to Ayers rock 2 nights and back to Sydney. Where they are only feeding us breakfast [one lunch] I was wondering if we had lots of afternoon time free and wanted to have a list of options if this happened. Sounds like we will have very little down time. Having never done a bus/land tour organized I wasnt sure what to expect. Have always done our own and therefor know pretty much the times.

Thanks again for all the help.
5,170 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We took a pre-cruise tour but with a private company called Kensington Tours. They took care of every detail from the time we landed in Auckland to our embarkation on the ship and smiled while we changed plans a lot. The guide found us a place to get a nice dinner Valentine's night at a very reasonable price. So you might try them for a day trip.

Another company we used for all our tours off the ship was Viator who were excellent and cheaper than the excursions off the ship. Smaller buses and guides that truly loved their jobs and really wanted to convey to your their love for their areas. I'm sure they have tours in Sydney.

We found the breakfasts so bountiful that we could make sandwiches for lunch or dinner. They didn't seem to mind and even provided to-go boxes at a couple of places.
Kings Park, NY
165 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
We will be on the land tour in Nov, 2018 what will the weather be like In Ayers Rock in early Nov, Will we need a netting hat,
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1962 Homes Line Italia
1996 NCL Seward
1998 Celebrity Zenith
1999 Celebrity Horizon
2001 Carnival Legend
2002 Celebrity Mercury
2003 Celebrity Century
2004 Celebrity Millennium
2005 Celebrity Mercury
2006 Celebrity Constellation
2007 NCL Dawn
2007 M/S River Adagio
2008 Grand Princess
2010 HAL Zuiderdam
2011 Celebrity Equinox
2013 Celebrity Constellation
2014 Royal Princess
2014 Celebrity Summit
2014 NCL Breakaway
2016 NCL Spirit
2016 Diamond Princess
2018 Majestic Princess

5,170 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We were there in February and you sure needed them then. I would still get them as November would be equal to our June which would sorta be their summer. They were $7 at the resort shops and I've seen them a lot cheaper elsewhere even from catalogs I get here.
Las Vegas
12,113 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by rimram
We will be on the land tour in Nov, 2018 what will the weather be like In Ayers Rock in early Nov, Will we need a netting hat,

Did you try typing "weather at Ayers Rock in early Nov" into Google. Works every time and takes about 10 seconds. Also try Wikipedia which also takes about 10 seconds and gives you a lot more information about Uluru including the climate data.

BTW - the proper term for the location is Uluru, not Ayers Rock.

DON
I come from a land down under
26,528 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by cruiseloverslinda
We will be doing the tour part Oct 3 2018 What will the weather be like than? and any suggestions for clothing
Hit during the day, cold at night.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature