Airport to port - affixing baggage tags?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:37 PM.
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,967 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Like others have posted, we had some anxious moments when our luggage did not arrive on the airport’s carousel when we flew non-stop to Vancouver on sailing day.

We rarely fly on sailing day & decided to attach our cruise tags with reusable tag holders in case they were misdirected by the airline to make it easier to catch up with us on our Alaskan cruise. We used the rail line to the ship & the Princess rep said that despite not paying for a Princess transfer our bags probably went directly to the ship but had no way to confirm it. Hours after boarding one bag arrived at our cabin shortly before sailing with a note to go to the naughty room to claim our other bag. We had a bottle of wine in both bags & had to unlock the held bag to show it was only wine & not spirits.

Just another example about how placing cruise tags on before a flight can be affected.

For a recent flight to Europe arriving 3 days early we used the PDF document the luggage tag company provided to be inserted in their holder. On the outside is a notification in red to open it if misdirected & inside I added our itinerary to hopefully be reconnected if our luggage got lost.
East Bay
1,473 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Vacationdreamer<><
Thank you for all the responses.

I think I’ll try this for plan A.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
I think that is a good decision. Before we purchased our reusable luggage tag holders we used to pack a very small Tot stapler but the luggage tag holders are an easy option.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tom and Diane

Azamara Quest (Panama Canal) 2/17
Crown Princess (Seattle/Vancouver) 9/16
Ruby Princess(Pacific Coastal) 9/16
Ruby Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/16
Azamara Quest (Nice/Southampton) 5/16
Grand Princess (Pacific Coastal) 11/15
Island Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/14
Royal Princess (Scandinavia/Russia) 7/14
Sapphire Princess (California Costal) 5/12
Star Princess (Greek Isles) 10/11
Crown Princess (Canada/New England) 9/10
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/09
Star Princess (Seattle/Vancouver) 9/09
Coral Princess (Alaska) 7/08
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/07
Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera) 10/06

Michigan
178 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
This is what we have been using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I like the stainless steels ties and have ordered extra and used them on my ID luggage tags. I place them on our luggage before we leave the house. When the ship leave after 6pm we fly down the same day and have never missed our luggage at the airport.
Western, NY
875 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Originally posted by ED49404
This is what we have been using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I like the stainless steels ties and have ordered extra and used them on my ID luggage tags. I place them on our luggage before we leave the house. When the ship leave after 6pm we fly down the same day and have never missed our luggage at the airport.

Bought these.
Used them.
Loved ‘em.
Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ME, DH, Six awesome kids (4 - 17)
MSC - Seaside - 6/2018
Princess - Crown - 1/2018
NCL - Getaway - 5/2016
Princess - Caribbean - 11/2014
DCL - Magic - 5/2014
DCL - Wonder - 9/2001
Texas
1,755 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by ED49404
We use the vinyl tag holders mentioned above but with the vinyl loop ties shown in an earlier post. We used to use the steel ties but one must have gotten caught on something in the baggage handling equipment as it tore the luggage handle loose from the luggage. We lost the baggage tag and the suitcase handle was destroyed. Hopefully the vinyl loop ties will break before the suitcase handle.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USS Greenling SSN614
Atlantic Ocean/Barents Sea