Oriana in Hamburg

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:33 AM.
Cornwall U K
6 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
For all those (including myself) who should be on Oriana heading for the Caribbean.
The following link is to the webcam covering the Dock she's currently occupying .
The webcam scans and you can open it up to full screen Cheer Les

http://www.hamburg.de/livecam-michel/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[/url

Wimborne, Dorset
906 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by Vendepac
For all those (including myself) who should be on Oriana heading for the Caribbean.
The following link is to the webcam covering the Dock she's currently occupying .
The webcam scans and you can open it up to full screen Cheer Les

http://www.hamburg.de/livecam-michel/
Difficult to tell with the sun at the moment, but it looks like the funnel has gone back to being that dirty mustard colour, probably a trick of the light!
England
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
It would be nice to have a definitive answer to all our questions as to what she is in dry dock for. Rumours abound about engines, propellers and stabilisers. Must be one of these.
14 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
We were on her for the third time during December. Love the ship but did feel she rolled more than we remember, even in calmer seas. Rumour was a stabilizer issue but...only a rumour. She certainly ran at a pace up to Hamburg! P&O are remaining tight lipped about what's wrong and so far have kept it quiet!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app
Devon, UK
4,853 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
We were delayed in Gib in October. Oriana took on extra fuel and we did 23 knots almost the whole way back to Southampton. She was amazingly fast and there were no problems with juddering at this speed, neither did she roll. It wasn't that calm either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
845 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Funnel still definitely blue - more's the pity imho....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Past: Cunard QE2 & Queen Elizabeth; P&O Victoria, Oriana, Arcadia, Aurora, Oceana, Azura; Sea Princess; Celebrity Summit; Fred Olsen Black Watch, Saga Ruby, Portuscale MV Funchal, MS Mayfair (Nile River Cruise), Marella Discovery 2 & CMV Marco Polo

Future: P&O Azura to Amsterdam(2019), Coral Princess to Alaska (2019).
Wimborne, Dorset
906 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by Bluebury
Are they just planning to sort out the technical issue or are they also doing any changes to the interior? Any idea?
I wouldn't expect any interior changes to be carried out as they need a good deal of planning. This was something of an emergency requirement for dry dock.
West Country, UK
4,384 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
It is a stabilizer problem.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Sharon

Cruise Photos:
https://photos.google.com/albums
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharonsshiptravels/
Blog: http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.com/

Ships sailed on:
Vistafjord, Caronia, QE2, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth Maiden Voyage, Aurora, Arcadia, Oriana, Oceana, Artemis, Ventura, Balmoral, Braemar, Adonia, Discovery, Royal Princess (2013 ship), Nautica, MV Funchal, Zaandam, Saga Pearl, Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape, Harmony of the Seas, Botel Holland, Filia Rheni II
Ships visited:
Independence of the Seas, Azura, Artania, Prinsendam, Maasdam, Crystal Symphony, Saga Sapphire, Marco Polo

To come:-
Oriana - Iceland & Greenland July 2018
Arcadia - USA & Canada Sept 2018

Arcadia World Cruise 2019
Cornwall, UK
2,141 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
We have heard that it is definitely a stabiliser problem,. Although I must say there was no evidence of this in the rough weather we had last week!! Although she did pitch quite a bit there was hardly any roll and we had a comfortable ride back from Tenerife.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Still to come:-
Marella Discovery 2 Aegean & Adriatic 28 Sep 2018
Oriana Caribbean & Panama Jan 2019
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
845 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hopefully replace the plastic wall in the atrium. A waterfall would be nice. Not very likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
If only Stephen... I really detest the tacky plastic plant wall. Crystal Symphony has a similar waterfall to the one Oriana had and theirs is still in good working order. It was built the same year as Oriana too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Past: Cunard QE2 & Queen Elizabeth; P&O Victoria, Oriana, Arcadia, Aurora, Oceana, Azura; Sea Princess; Celebrity Summit; Fred Olsen Black Watch, Saga Ruby, Portuscale MV Funchal, MS Mayfair (Nile River Cruise), Marella Discovery 2 & CMV Marco Polo

Future: P&O Azura to Amsterdam(2019), Coral Princess to Alaska (2019).
891 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by Britboys
If only Stephen... I really detest the tacky plastic plant wall. Crystal Symphony has a similar waterfall to the one Oriana had and theirs is still in good working order. It was built the same year as Oriana too.

Thank you. I did not know Crystal Symphony had a waterfall. QM2 had a smaller version too in her Winter Gardens.

I would not have minded if it was real plants but plastic. It will be a devil to keep the dust off too. I liked the waterfall but if it had to go how about something like Aurora has. Alternatively a tapestry, relief, marquetry or painting based on a former P and O ship like Canberra. Cunard do those so well.

I had not been on Oriana since 2002 before I did a visit last year. It was the only thing I did not like. The rest of the ship was wonderful. For twelve nights this year I will just have just have too look in the other direction.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
28 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Thank you. I did not know Crystal Symphony had a waterfall. QM2 had a smaller version too in her Winter Gardens.

I would not have minded if it was real plants but plastic. It will be a devil to keep the dust off too. I liked the waterfall but if it had to go how about something like Aurora has. Alternatively a tapestry, relief, marquetry or painting based on a former P and O ship like Canberra. Cunard do those so well.

I had not been on Oriana since 2002 before I did a visit last year. It was the only thing I did not like. The rest of the ship was wonderful. For twelve nights this year I will just have just have too look in the other direction.

Best wishes, Stephen.

She has a beautiful atrium, but the artificial 'living' wall is the only small thing that does let it and the rest of the ship down. It isn't quite what you would expect after a multi million pound refurbishment.

Hope you enjoy your cruise Stephen
891 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by CarlaMarie
She has a beautiful atrium, but the artificial 'living' wall is the only small thing that does let it and the rest of the ship down. It isn't quite what you would expect after a multi million pound refurbishment.

Hope you enjoy your cruise Stephen

Thank you, I will try.