Dning question

Giantfan13

We are booked on the Sinfonia in November for an 11 day cruise. Except for a cruise on the Divina, out of Miami, this is our first real experience on a European cruise ship. I have already asked several questions and got great answers but we have another.

First are there formal nights on MSC cruises?

If so, how many on an 11 day cruise?

And final and most important, if there are formal nights, are you required to dress that way?. We have cruised over 20 US cruises and have really given up on dressing up for formal nights. We dress casually, but neatly, and for the most part, that's the way most dress for formal nights these days. But, we were wondering if this might be different on MSC? Our suitcases will be packed to the gills, and we really do not want to have to pack anything 'dressy', so is this a necessity these days?

I certainly aren't looking to dismiss those that love to 'dress up' for formal lights. It just really isn't our thing anymore.

Cheers

Len

Thanks for the heads up. I understand what they mean by 'suggested' I was just wondering if Europeans took the 'formal' or 'elegant' nights a bit more seriously?

We always change for dinner, but also always dress casually but neatly.

Cheers

Len

You won't be out of place. While some do dress formally, chances are that many won't. We've done several Med cruises; on a couple of them, it was hard to tell that it was a formal night such was the lack of 'dressing up'. The give-away was the attire of the crew (and the free pre-dinner cocktails that are proffered in the bars/lounges on 'Elegance' nights).

We were on the Sinfonia in June out of Venice 7 day cruise. On both nights people dressed many different ways. NOT FORMAL/GALA/CHIC! We saw: shorts, jeans, gowns, tux, etc. No one was not admitted to the MDR those evenings. In fact, some of the staff just shrugged it off and went about their jobs.

Dress as you like, regardless of what others may or may not say. Happy Cruising!