Tipping for a better cabin

Cacauanjinha

I don’t think $$ will do the trick... :o

There is so much wrong with your thoughts, I don’t know where to start.

1.) You’ll get a cabin assigned prior to boarding.

2.) Cabin number is on all documents.

3.) Muster station is on room card.

4.) Cabin upgrades are managed by MSC reservation , not by guest service.

The management of the “hotel part” of a cruise ship is complex.

Enjoy your cabin in the category you have booked.

In Las Vegas I did the $20.00 trick, can I give at the guest service $20.00 trying to have a better cabin? I'm going in Seaview next november and I'm in a inside cabin.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I am kind of at a loss that this is your first post.

All cabin assignments are made way before you board the ship. You will see a sign at guest services saying it is not possible to change cabins.

Cruising is not like a hotel at Vegas.

In Las Vegas I did the $20.00 trick, can I give at the guest service $20.00 trying to have a better cabin? I'm going in Seaview next november and I'm in a inside cabin.

Post of the day!

If it was this easy everybody would do it... and I am afraid $20 is not "suite enough" to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But if the person there get offended for the money?

What is the better way to get an upgrade, I can pay for it, just ask how much?

First of all, don't worry about the haters. You had a question and the answer is that $20 is not going to get you an upgrade. First, most ships sail full. They will do everything in their power to fill a ship vs leaving a berth empty.

If you want to upgrade your cabin you can see what the current availability is. If you booked through a Travel Agent (TA) you could see if it is possible to change your cabin for the difference in price, but that is doubtful (as everyone would do that in the case last minute price reductions.) If you are past final payment there is likely a huge "cancel and rebook" penalty.

In short, $20 isn't going to do it. $20 can get your assigned table changed in the Main Dining Room, but not a cabin.

Your $20 in Las Vegas is probably for one or two nights. Not for seven like a cruise would be.

I believe there was a time perhaps 10 years or so ago when people could upgrade at the port. However, even then, they paid the going rate to upgrade.

Your $20 in Las Vegas is probably for one or two nights. Not for seven like a cruise would be.

I believe there was a time perhaps 10 years or so ago when people could upgrade at the port. However, even then, they paid the going rate to upgrade.

My friends have been able to upgrade at the pier. But not in the last 10-15 years. And they were super-frequent cruisers. So, sometimes they would get a "sweet/suite deal"!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not even sure if that is something that works in many hotels outside of Vegas.

Apart from the ships often booked to near capacity, and that doesn’t have to mean every cabin is sold, i don’t think there is any tradition to do so on cruise ships. But as i have changed cabins on board more than once they are able to find you a new one in case of maintenance issues. So if you spot the right staff at the desk you can try. I think they do need supervisor approval though. But just having a sign at the desk that the ship is fully booked and cabin changes are not possible doesn’t mean that is true.

First of all, don't worry about the haters. You had a question and the answer is that $20 is not going to get you an upgrade. First, most ships sail full. They will do everything in their power to fill a ship vs leaving a berth empty.

If you want to upgrade your cabin you can see what the current availability is. If you booked through a Travel Agent (TA) you could see if it is possible to change your cabin for the difference in price, but that is doubtful (as everyone would do that in the case last minute price reductions.) If you are past final payment there is likely a huge "cancel and rebook" penalty.

In short, $20 isn't going to do it. $20 can get your assigned table changed in the Main Dining Room, but not a cabin.

We were offered an "upgrade" when we checked in at the pier when sailing on Celebrity Zenith (yes, a long time ago). They offered us a "suite" for $3000 more PER PERSON!. We declined. Our stateroom happened to be two doors down from that suite. It stayed empty all week. We have cruised more than 30 times and each and every time ask for an upgrade or upsell and each time have been told that the ship is fully booked. We book the cabin and location we want, so if we aren't upgraded we are happy where we are.

Have a wonderful cruise and go with the flow.

Jennie