Status match to NCL- did I get the correct level?

Carolina Girl 99

We booked with MSC in May for a sailing in November but have been holding off on the status match as we attain Platinum on NCL in October

That appears illogical as you have now lost the 5% discount that the status level would give.

That appears illogical as you have now lost the 5% discount that the status level would give.

Can you elaborate please?

We didn’t know anything about msc when we booked just saw a price we liked. Found out about the status match and was about to do it until we realised we may as well wait until we can get black. How and when would you get the 5%?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Can you elaborate please?

We didn’t know anything about msc when we booked just saw a price we liked. Found out about the status match and was about to do it until we realised we may as well wait until we can get black. How and when would you get the 5%

My understanding is that when you become a member of the MSC Voyager Club you get 5% -15% discount when you book a MSC Cruise. All the other benefits of membership are really superficial, worth small change in comparison. I would suggest you contact MSC to see if they will give you the discount retrospectively, best of luck.

My understanding is that when you become a member of the MSC Voyager Club you get 5% -15% discount when you book a MSC Cruise.

Not quite true! Everyone from Classic level up gets 5% discount. The 5%+15% (and also another one - 5%+5%) are offers under the Voyagers Club Selection, a limited number and choice of cruises that MSC have on offer, which you will find in the Voyagers Club section of the website. Those on levels Silver to Black also get €/$50 OBC when booking these select cruises.

Not quite true! Everyone from Classic level up gets 5% discount. The 5%+15% (and also another one - 5%+5%) are offers under the Voyagers Club Selection, a limited number and choice of cruises that MSC have on offer, which you will find in the Voyagers Club section of the website. Those on levels Silver to Black also get €/$50 OBC when booking these select cruises.

Exactly, everyone gets a minimum Classic membership on a status match. I believe Teamflames has lost the 5% as she booked the cruise before joining the Voyager Club. Correct?

Exactly, everyone gets a minimum Classic membership on a status match. I believe Teamflames has lost the 5% as she booked the cruise before joining the Voyager Club. Correct?

I've read a few reports on here that some managed to have the discount retroactively applied.

If they're waiting to attain a higher level with another company that would then match them to Black, then people are better off waiting 'til then. Otherwise, they'll only get matched to Gold and start out with 4300, whereas they'd jump to 10,000 points by waiting.

If they're waiting to attain a higher level with another company that would then match them to Black, then people are better off waiting 'til then. Otherwise, they'll only get matched to Gold and start out with 4300, whereas they'd jump to 10,000 points by waiting.

Surely if they intend booking a MSC cruise it is beneficial to get the status match prior otherwise they lose the 5%discount. If you are not booking a cruise then obviously wait and status match for the highest level, that’s logical.

I don't know the formula, but I bet it is very basic. I bet they are only looking at your level with a certain line and days on board. My wife has 28 days and I have 35 days on Carnival, both gold on Carnival (which gets you next to nothing if you are familiar). We status matched at Silver which makes sense to me based on the amount of days at sea. Our kids are "red" on Carnival with 14 days each and they matched at classic. Again, makes sense to me.

This is a perk that MSC offers. They certainly do not have to status match and for that reason, I don't think they are putting much effort into it.