Future new terminals in Galveston?

Bevv

Hopefully new terminals will bring in other cruise lines that will offer a regular variety of itineraries and longer cruises year round.

I am hoping Princess will return.

• Like 2

Hopefully new terminals will bring in other cruise lines that will offer a regular variety of itineraries and longer cruises year round.

Longer cruises with some different itineraries and port options would be fantastic!

• Like 1

One reported use of the new port is potentially for Oasis sized ships. I hope th8s does happen. I live 30 minutes from the port and do love the Oasis of the Sea so being able to take a short drive to get on one would be awesome.

One reported use of the new port is potentially for Oasis sized ships. I hope th8s does happen. I live 30 minutes from the port and do love the Oasis of the Sea so being able to take a short drive to get on one would be awesome.
This would be fantastic! You said "one reported use." Do you have this information from a reliable source?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

The port director and RCI stated this at the tourism summit in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. Since RCI was there for the tourism summit in May, I'm hoping this means another RCI ship with some different itineraries will be offered.

We enjoy cruising on the ships/itineraries offered from Galveston, but I'm hoping for some longer cruises in the future. Also, it would be nice to have a different cruise line available as well.

Better ingress regress with terminals at # 1 and # 2 at PORT off Harborside , and at I 45 and Harborside and beatification of Harborside are already in works.

2020 is being thrown around for larger RCL ship in Galveston ! But you know how that can be!

Park Board of Galveston and Galveston Convention and Visitors and galveston.com were responsible for the Tourism Summit and Galveston.com. They are responsible for marketing Galveston . . At summit there was way too much open talk about cruising and future happenings including RCL and larger ships and terminals.. Attendees were from State of Texas Tourism Office and Officals , marketing consulting firm for State of Texas, City of Houston Tourism Offices and Officials , all City of Galveston Officials, Top Port of Galveston Officials . The new Port Of Galveston Executive Director hired from Port Canaveral was also in attendance and contributed a lot of information ! All of these marketing entities are on cooperative basis and realize southeast Texas is at the hub of the entire Midwestern area of the US with a massive untapped marketplace ! . Some top RCL officials were also in attendance and for meetings with all about future of Galveston for tourism!

!

• 2 months later...

I love the notion of any new ship coming out of Galveston. Cool. I worry about what that will do to the Del Monte processor or the BMW processor or whoever would be displaced, but I trust those are obstacles which could be overcome. Here is my larger question: Where are you going to put 6200 additional passengers on embarkation and debarkation? It almost seems like you would have to pick a Friday or Monday or some other day of the week for at least one ship to depart to have enough hotels, roads, restaurants, etc. The logistics are considerably more complex than simply building the new terminal... and I hope it happens anyway.

There are plenty of hotels along I45 on the mainland. I don't think that would end up being a problem. Restaurants shouldn't be that much of a problem, either - Galveston is a destination all on its own, and there are plenty of weekends where there are tens of thousands of non-cruise visitors to the island.

Roads and parking will be the biggest issues they will have to address.

I love the notion of any new ship coming out of Galveston. Cool. I worry about what that will do to the Del Monte processor or the BMW processor or whoever would be displaced, but I trust those are obstacles which could be overcome. Here is my larger question: Where are you going to put 6200 additional passengers on embarkation and debarkation? It almost seems like you would have to pick a Friday or Monday or some other day of the week for at least one ship to depart to have enough hotels, roads, restaurants, etc. The logistics are considerably more complex than simply building the new terminal... and I hope it happens anyway.

Present Piers 25 and 29 have terminals 1&2 . Piers 11 and 16 will have cruise ternminals 3&4 , and the current tenants will be relocated west down channel and / or to Pelican Island .

All ingress egress to terminal 1& 2 already soon presently are being changed and rerouted . Present entrance will no longer be used .

There are already many new and planned hotels on island and on mainland , along with all highways being completed , and improved and expanded . Galveston and cruise lines are already expanded in transfers and transportation. Still need the private industry to have better rent cars system but Uber and transfer companies has already replaced and provided most of that need . Enterprise is open on Sunday and rents cars .

Remember Galveston WITHOUT the cruise industry , is already major tourist destination with 32 miles of beach , culture and history , and two major convention centers . Tourist Support structure is already in place and expanding .

Additional infrastructure we are talking about is for cruising industry .

• 3 weeks later...

Captain on Liberty during Captains Corner get together, said Liberty leaving Galveston May 3 2020 and plans are still for an Oasis Class ship coming into Galveston. Captain also said it informally another time on this weeks Liberty cruise .