Royal Princess Aft Cabin B739

Princess#2

Does anyone have any photos of the Aft cabins on the Royal Princess? We will be sailing in January and all the talk about the small balconies has me worried.

Thanks so very much!:)

IMHO, you hit the jackpot on that cabin :D All Deluxe Balconies are the same size inside but you should have about a 100 sq ft balcony. Most of the aft balconies on Dolphin, Baja, Riviera and Marina deck are 9'x9' and Baja and Dolphin deck have 5' covered like a Grand class Caribe deck balcony. If you notice that tan space between B739 and B738. It appears that the two cabins get half of that space added to the balcony. That appears to be the same for all cabins above Dolphin deck.

...If you notice that tan space between B739 and B738. It appears that the two cabins get half of that space added to the balcony. That appears to be the same for all cabins above Dolphin deck.

Hi Brian,

I think the Baja Deck aft is the only deck that doesn't get to 'split' that space between the cabins like the ones above them, but it appears B739 still has a relatively deep balcony. Here are a few annotated pictures from the 'Everything' thread showing the aft facing balconies:

8957384058_5fd2c6f569_b.jpg

9391397190_06541f215d_b.jpg

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Thanks 1

Hi Brian,

I think the Baja Deck aft is the only deck that doesn't get to 'split' that space between the cabins like the ones above them, but it appears B739 still has a relatively deep balcony. Here are a few annotated pictures from the 'Everything' thread showing the aft facing balconies:

You are correct. It is interesting that the balcony divider doors apparently open into that area from both cabins. Strange arrangement. It is still a very good balcony at 81 sq ft with 45 sq ft covered which is identical to a Caribe deck balcony :)

That's why we have D729 booked for the Maiden TA :)

You are correct. It is interesting that the balcony divider doors apparently open into that area from both cabins. Strange arrangement. It is still a very good balcony at 81 sq ft with 45 sq ft covered which is identical to a Caribe deck balcony :)

That's why we have D729 booked for the Maiden TA :)

Nice cabin you have! Looking forward to the LIVE report from those on your Maiden TA as she heads for Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully we'll hear from you as well. :D

73 Days before Royal Princess sails from Venice for the final time

90 Days before Royal Princess arrives into Fort Lauderdale for the first time

125 Days before I embark and still "Looking Forward to Royal Princess"! :D:D:D

• 11 months later...
Can anyone attest to the aft cabins after seeing/experiencing them? The only information I seem to find is people guessing/researching, but not from anyone post cruise. Help if you have an aft cabin you loved on the Regal Princess:)

I can tell you an aft cabin that I did not love at all :o: We were in E729 in April and between the covering of oily soot every morning on the balcony and the lack of shade, and the smoking area on Promenade Deck right below us, I would not book this cabin, or quite frankly any other cabin on Royal Princess again.

We had stateroom B738 on the Royal for our Grand Mediterranean cruise on September, 2013. You will love the balcony. It is large and half covered. Yes, we had a small amount of soot during the early morning hours. My husband just wiped down the rail and we kept the chairs under the covered part of the balcony at night. Not a problem at all for us. We would book this cabin again if we cruise on the Royal or Regal. This was our first aft cabin and we loved the location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IECalCruiser

You are correct. It is interesting that the balcony divider doors apparently open into that area from both cabins. Strange arrangement. It is still a very good balcony at 81 sq ft with 45 sq ft covered which is identical to a Caribe deck balcony

We (and another couple) are planning to book b738 & b739. Princess has assured me that we can both open our balcony divider doors so that our balconies are connected -- making one really large balcony. Does that sound right?

We had stateroom B738 on the Royal for our Grand Mediterranean cruise on September, 2013. You will love the balcony. It is large and half covered. Yes, we had a small amount of soot during the early morning hours. My husband just wiped down the rail and we kept the chairs under the covered part of the balcony at night. Not a problem at all for us. We would book this cabin again if we cruise on the Royal or Regal. This was our first aft cabin and we loved the location.

Could the balcony dividers be opened between these cabins? What is the space between them?

We stayed in one of the owner's suites on the Royal and along that back hallway to those aft balcony cabins there is a spot (center of the ship) where the cabin steward's have a space for their supplies. On turn around day, they open all the balcony divider doors and enter from that area. It makes it easier for them to clean the balconies all at once. SO, it is not an area where the cabins on each side get extra balcony space.

And I would NEVER stay in those suites again. It was constantly raining soot when we were underway.

We stayed in one of the owner's suites on the Royal and along that back hallway to those aft balcony cabins there is a spot (center of the ship) where the cabin steward's have a space for their supplies. On turn around day, they open all the balcony divider doors and enter from that area. It makes it easier for them to clean the balconies all at once. SO, it is not an area where the cabins on each side get extra balcony space.

And I would NEVER stay in those suites again. It was constantly raining soot when we were underway.

Do you mind telling us when you took the cruise as mentioned above?:)

This is such exciting news and photos...we will be in the aft cabin (B739) this April, but on the Regal, not Royal! This is our first aft cabin. Does anyone who has actually stayed in this cabin on either ship, know if it's real loud from the wake? I've heard different things and that's why I booked on Baja deck 11 to be a bit higher (we usually book on Dolphin deck 9). I have also heard there's more motion in aft cabins, is there alot more than a side balcony cabin? Thanks in advance for all your info :D

You would have to search it out, but, there were some live-from report(s) from the Regal's initial sailings. I know at least one talked about their aft cabin (don't recall which one) and they said the soot problem was all but gone on the Regal. Also, I believe that they addressed the wake sound and said it was not load in their opinion. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Anyone???:o

Hi - we have been on 30+ cruises and always try to get an aft facing balcony they are substantially bigger and much more private - the wake is NOT loud - you are up so high it is actually soothing! Don't worry about the sound AND the ship doesn't "rock" significantly more in the back - especially a ship this big! Of course that is sans storms - which we have also been in - My only concern with with this ship (and the Royal) is the soot that everyone keeps talking about!

• 2 months later...
Hi Brian,

Hello - I can not begin to thank you for the great pictures and how well labeled they are. This really help with making the best aft cabin selection for our desires. Thanks again!

• 7 years later...

These posts are a little dated so brining back around to see if anyone has any updated information.  We are currently in B736 for an Alaskan Cruise.  We are new to Princess and have never cruised Alaska.  We've stayed in Aft cabins before but only had a window, no balcony.   Would appreciate any updates or feedback.

We’ve had aft balcony twice (Med & Panama Canal). Thoroughly enjoyed the location. Have another planned in ‘23. Enjoy! 
And Alaska, you’ll get some beautiful shots right from your balcony. On those cold days of glacier viewing, it’ll be nice to pop back into your cabin and warm up.

Edited by JoRoy218

On 12/7/2022 at 1:50 PM, renbeez said:

These posts are a little dated so brining back around to see if anyone has any updated information.  We are currently in B736 for an Alaskan Cruise.  We are new to Princess and have never cruised Alaska.  We've stayed in Aft cabins before but only had a window, no balcony.   Would appreciate any updates or feedback.

We have that same cabin booked for May 13 2023 Seattle Alaska on Royal. I'm really excited!

We are aft-only kind if cruisers and have been on Royal class ship 6 times and will be again tomorrow. We love being all of the way aft and have never regretted it once. B726, R727, B727, R729 and A732 tomorrow. I find it quieter as few people come all the way aft unless they are staying there or coming to use the (convenient) laundry. Enjoy!