We liked the Sunshine

diannezzz

We just came back from an 8nt Southern Caribbean cruise on the Sunshine, it was great! The reviews didn't look optimistic but we enjoyed so many things, I hope to book the ship again soon.

Glad to hear that you had a good cruise. I am leaving on the same trip this coming Friday. I haven't been to Bonaire before so am super excited about checking it out!

Deb

We sailed Sunshine in November and had a great cruise. We were also a little nervous about the reviews, but had no complaints. We did notice some crowding at times, but no more than usual.

We had one of the new cabins on Deck 5 and enjoyed the location. Can't wait to sail the Sunshine again.

We are thinking about booking a cruise on the Sunshine but have read negative reviews about a bad sewage type smell. Did you notice this on your cruise?

Just returned from the 8 day Southern and the 7 day Eastern cruise. Only smelled a "sewer smell' once out of the fifteen days. About average for every ship we have been on.

Oh, and our cabin temps were perfect -- hi 60's to low 70's.

Edited by tandemcruzr

We just completed January 16, 8 day. Based on the reviews I was worried. Our first Carnival Cruise and we are in 64 and 70 limited mobility. I was pleasantly surprised. I had re ted an electric handicapped cart through a company recommended by Carnival.

With a few hiccups it was a great cruise. Ship is a little chopped up so study which elevators to use. Crew was fantastic. For all our corns it went well. Good value for the cost.

We try Carnival again if we are able

Enjoy

We just got off the Sunshine a little over a week ago. We had rooms 5340,5341,5342 and 8197. This is the two corner ocean suites on deck 5, a deck 5 aft balcony and a deck 8 balcony.

There was noticeable vibration on deck 5. My friends and I had the two corner suites and would definitely book them again because they are basically like a connected ocean view room (with the sofa bed) and a balcony room with the bed. We were there with two boys each. It was nice them having their own space. The other feature of being on the aft is when you are sailing you don't have the breeze. You can sit and read and not worry about too much wind.

The balcony rooms seemed to be a bit better on deck 5 too. Seemed more roomy but then there was only 2 people in that room versus the 4 on deck 8. On the aft the balconies are basically double depth.

For those of you who commented about being in the new rooms on deck 5 of the Sunshine, were they the aft-balcony rooms? If so, how was the room and the location? Noise? Vibration? etc. I'm thinking about booking one of those rooms for 2017. Thanks much.