Norwegian left a mom behind with her kids on board

Sigyn

I have a car service. It is usually the women who are not ready on time.

I have gotten to the point now where if they are not ready in a timely manner, I simply drive away. It ends up costing me money in the long run, but maybe they will be a little more courteous to their next driver.

I blame this on those crappy plastic watches NCL sells outside Deck 6 gift shop on Sea Day. Always running 40 minutes late and only come in man's black and never in woman's favorate pink color.

This made me smile and probably the only true explanation.

I have to say, in the past several months these message boards have become almost unbearable in their negativity and with so many judgemental people posting. This thread takes the cake. The ridiculous things I am reading make my blood boil. All you holier then thou people need to take a look at your own lives. Believe me, it's doubtful you have never made a huge mistake or been late. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How are those that are saying the person who missed the ship are being judgemental?

There is/was a SET time to be on the ship.

Everybody has made a mistake in their life no doubt.

I for one have Never Ever been late for anything and it is a pet peeve of mine, especially with no accident /sickness involved which would be a LEGITIMATE reason.

I have a car service. It is usually the women who are not ready on time.

I have gotten to the point now where if they are not ready in a timely manner, I simply drive away. It ends up costing me money in the long run, but maybe they will be a little more courteous to their next driver.

Why are women late?

Because they have to get themselves, the kids and to an extent, the husband ready.

Men? They just get themselves ready. Easy Peasy.

Edited by DMH15

Why are women late?

Because they have to get themselves, the kids and to an extent, the husband ready.

Uh, no. Married mothers choose to get themselves, the kids and the husband ready. "Woman" does not equal "mother", for which I am eternally grateful.

A preview of the latest NCL TV commercial coming out next month

Oh - Oh Let's go.

That island vibe hits, don't try and fight it

This is what life is, this is the ultimate.

If you looking for a vacay where you can be late anyway you like

Leaving the kids behind shopping at the straw market every night

In the caribbean islands stylin that was so much fun

Then you should be choosing to be cruisin' like a Norwegian

And you gotta wonder if you're under some kind of spell

Cause the way that you feel doesn't feel real

You start to bother yourself

Not to demean places you been, but you ain't seen nothing yet

Best take an extra 40 minutes to get back to the ship because this is the ultimate

Let's sail away, somewhere we can do,

Just what we want to ....

Someone DID claim that it was reported that NCL paid...(the quote is below)

...I questioned and others corrected the post by "coopieclan". (see posts by "rvsullivan", "LrgPizza", and "mjkacmom").

On one of the reports I read it said NCL helped them make arrangements. I re-read it just to make sure they weren't getting a "free ride".

The only ones who really know are "mom & dad"........

Why are women late?

But the kids and husband and entire rest of her group were not late, they were all on board. They were all ready and she was shopping.

NCL waited a long time for her, so I don't have much sympathy for her missing the ship when she knew the rest of her family were on the ship on time.

She'll learn, she won't ever be late for travel again probably.

I somehow doubt the mom is looking for sympathy from strangers on a message board. Especially from this holier than thou crowd.

Nope....not holier than thou, just can't feel sorry for someone who clearly knows what time the ship leaves port and still manages to be late especially since her kids weren't with her.....it's amazing, the other 4,000 passengers made it back on time....

The lady who was left behind by the cruise ship made a big mistake, as all of us have at some point in our lives, and has paid dearly for it. Now it's time to move on.

Is a discussion group about all things related to cruising. This story does qualify for such conversation. Does the concept of open dialog escape you? It's a relevant trending topic.

To stifle such an open forum, would be to spit in the face of the spirit of this message board. But, just like a burning candle, it will soon burn itself out, and you will no longer be burdened by its content. It is at that point, we will move on.

A preview of the latest NCL TV commercial coming out next month

Oh - Oh Let's go.

That island vibe hits, don't try and fight it

This is what life is, this is the ultimate.

If you looking for a vacay where you can be late anyway you like

Leaving the kids behind shopping at the straw market every night

In the caribbean islands stylin that was so much fun

Then you should be choosing to be cruisin' like a Norwegian

And you gotta wonder if you're under some kind of spell

Cause the way that you feel doesn't feel real

You start to bother yourself

Not to demean places you been, but you ain't seen nothing yet

Best take an extra 40 minutes to get back to the ship because this is the ultimate

Let's sail away, somewhere we can do,

Just what we want to ....

Not too sure NCL would condone such actions on a national ad campaign. You're just being quite the comedian, aren't you?

But the kids and husband and entire rest of her group were not late, they were all on board. They were all ready and she was shopping.

NCL waited a long time for her, so I don't have much sympathy for her missing the ship when she knew the rest of her family were on the ship on time.

She'll learn, she won't ever be late for travel again probably.

I totally agree. Was making a joke in general terms. Not about this family.

I think an equally appropriate title of the thread should be:

"Dad puts kids on ship and then goes looking for his love interest"

Probably not much love for a couple of days anyway! I'm guessing there was a " discussion " at some point.

How are those that are saying the person who missed the ship are being judgemental?

There is/was a SET time to be on the ship.

Everybody has made a mistake in their life no doubt.

I for one have Never Ever been late for anything and it is a pet peeve of mine, especially with no accident /sickness involved which would be a LEGITIMATE reason.

You've never in your life been late for anything? Omg seriously...:rolleyes:

Yikes! Tough crowd. I have never missed a ship, or held a ship up, and like most here have seen many a video of Pier Runners, and didn't feel that bad for them. However, in this case.....I don't know what I think. Its apparent based on the video and the fact that no one knew where she was, that she hadn't had a medical emergency, and was in all likelihood shopping and lost track of time. She is lucky that her husband had their passports, and the children were with family members. But she is a real person, with real feelings, and her anguish of watching the ship sail away, with her children on board was very real.

She paid a very high price, in more ways than one I would imagine, for her transgression. I think we can afford her a little compassion.

Agree completely. :)